This easy 4-Ingredient Guacamole is so simple and tastes amazing.
It’s the perfect party appetizer or everyday condiment; use it as a dip, a topping, or just straight out of the bowl.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Everything is better with guacamole!
I love this easy 4-ingredient homemade guacamole recipe when I want to keep things uncomplicated in the kitchen.
Even on a hectic weeknight I can whip this one up, making an average dinner feel extra special.
It’s simple to prepare, tastes amazing, and almost everyone loves it.
There are many guacamole variations out there, some with onion, tomatoes, cilantro and/or jalapeño.
All these variations are delicious, but I wanted to share this stripped down version because it really is all you need.
Feel free to add what you have on hand and what you love. The options are endless!
reasons you’ll love this easy 4-ingredient guacamole recipe
- It’s super simple to make
- All you need are some ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, garlic and salt
- Guacamole is a naturally dairy-free recipe and adds creaminess & depth to so many meals
- This stripped-down recipe can serve as a base to play with, you can add your favorite ingredients & use what you have on hand
- It’s great as a dip or topping for your favorite dishes
other ways to use 4-ingredient guacamole
- As a dip with corn chips or fresh cut veggies (like bell pepper strips, cucumber rounds, celery sticks and cherry tomatoes)
- Use it as a topping for homemade tacos like these easy fish tacos with honey-lime cabbage slaw
- Add to burritos, wraps, scrambled eggs, burgers, and bowls
- Serve on a big fresh salad like this black bean salad with corn
- Make a build-your-own fajita bowl bar with guacamole, rice, and this slow cooker fajita salsa chicken
meal prep tips & how to store fresh homemade guacamole
- You can make this ahead of time
- Double or triple the batch for large gatherings or potlucks
- Will keep in the fridge, tightly sealed for up to 3 to 4 days
- Guacamole also freezes well, store frozen in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 to 4 months
Tip: If making the guacamole ahead of time, squeeze extra lime juice over the top and cover very tightly with plastic wrap to keep from browning!
recipe notes, modifications & adaptations
- Add chopped fresh herbs, like cilantro or parsley
- If you don’t have limes, you can use lemon juice in a pinch
- For additional flavor and texture, add chopped veggies like onion, tomato, or red bell pepper
- If you enjoy a spicy kick, you can add some chopped hot peppers like jalapeno or serrano (seeds optional)
- For a kid-friendly version, reduce (or skip) the lime juice and the garlic. Serving avocado simply mashed with salt. You can always add those flavors in later as your child becomes open to new flavors.
this recipe is…
I hope you’ll make this Easy Guacamole recipe soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove finely minced or grated
- 2 limes juiced (or about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the lime juice, garlic, and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut the avocados in half, removing the pits. Scoop the flesh into the bowl with the lime juice, garlic, and salt. Mash the avocado with a fork until a creamy dip forms, leaving some large avocado chunks for texture.
- Serve immediately as a dip or topping. If making the guacamole ahead of time squeeze extra lime juice over the top and cover very tightly with plastic wrap to keep from browning.
- Use less lime juice than the recipe calls for. Set aside a kid-portion, then add the rest of the lime juice for everyone else.
- Skip the lime juice and the garlic altogether, serving avocado simply mashed with salt. You can always add those flavors in later as your child becomes open to new flavors.
This post contains affiliate links