6-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili is an insanely simple and totally tasty recipe to throw together any night of the week.
A naturally gluten-free, dairy-free recipe.
Oh hey there, easiest recipe ever.
I’m not even kidding, this one is so insanely simple, and still totally tasty.
Plus there’s no chopping involved.
This recipe is a true chop-and-drop situation, which makes it perfect for a day when you have a million things going on, but still want to have dinner done and ready when you come home.
6-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili is actually part of a little mini-series we’re doing around here this month, all about using a simple jar of salsa in different recipes.
The idea is to create a go-to list of simple recipes for you, so that you put together a capsule pantry of real food ingredients, and then use this pantry to pull together quick meals effortlessly.
At the end of the month we’ll pull together all the salsa recipes in one place, so you’ll have a resource to visit anytime you need a little weeknight meal inspiration.
Plus, each month from here on out we’ll spotlight a new ingredient.
So excited for that!
I hope you’ll make this one soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Now, let’s make some 6-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili!
Recipe & Kid Friendly Adaptations
1 | Use mild salsa to keep this one kid-friendly, or kick it up a notch with a spicy variety.
2 | Add an extra pound of chicken to bulk up the protein for hungry eaters.
3 | Skip the chicken and double the beans for a meat-free option.
This Recipe Is
gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, mayo-free, nut-free, and soy-free
Pin the Image Below To Save Tools to Make 6-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili to Pinterest for Later!
6-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 2 15-oz cans chili beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1 15-oz jar chunky salsa, divided**
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado fresh lime juice, sour cream, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro
- Place the chicken, tomato sauce, beans, half the salsa, cumin, garlic and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 6-8, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, shred with two forks for chop into bite sized pieces, and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining salsa, stirring to combine. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Serve with any toppings you like.
Instant Pot variation:
- Place the chicken, tomato sauce, beans, half the salsa, cumin, garlic and salt in a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release the pressure.
- Continue with steps 3 and 4 above.
This post contains affiliate links