This easy crockpot vegetarian chili recipe tastes delicious and is easy to make with basic pantry ingredients, three beans, vegetables, and spices.
Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
This hearty slow cooker three bean vegetarian chili is full of vegetables like onion, bell pepper, carrot, and celery, and packed with hearty kidney, pinto, and black beans.
It’s easy to throw together from common pantry staples and requires minimal prep.
This one-pot vegetarian, vegan slow cooker dinner is a recipe you’ll find yourself making again and again.
how to make vegetarian chili in the slow cooker
- Once you chop & add all your ingredients to the crockpot, this slow cooker vegan chili is a hands-off recipe.
- The low & slow cook time allows the vegetables to get tender, and for all the flavors & spices to meld.
- Easy slow cooker recipes are essentially one-pot meals, meaning less dishes and less clean up for you.
- This healthy recipe makes a lot, so it’s perfect for easy entertaining, feeding a crowd, or to freeze extra servings for lunch or dinner another day
how to use & serve slow cooker vegan chili
- Toppings make a chili, so load up on hot sauce, chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chips if you like.
- Make it chili mac! Stir the chili together with cooked pasta and cheese (vegan or traditional).
- Use leftover chili as a burrito filling wrapped in warm tortillas or as a taco filling.
- Serve with crusty bread or these one bowl cornbread muffins for dipping
- Enjoy a simple salad on the side like this creamy cabbage slaw or chopped kale salad
how to store or freeze leftover crockpot vegetarian chili
- Homemade three bean slow cooker vegan chili will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, in a sealed container
- This recipe also freezes well, store in a sealed freezer friendly container for up to 2-3 months
This recipe can be made ahead! Perfect for meal prep on busy weeks (or anytime you need to feed a crowd quickly & easily)
recipe notes, modifications & adaptations
- Use any color or combination of bell peppers you like.
- If you can’t find or don’t have fire roasted tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes are fine too.
- Any bean will work here, including canned black, bean, pinto, white, or chickpeas
- This is a very mild chili. For a spicier version add ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper along with the other ingredients and stir in a tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce at the end.
If you want to make this slow cooker chili with ground turkey, try this Crockpot Turkey Chili recipe instead!
this recipe is…
I hope you’ll make this healthy Crockpot Vegetarian Chili recipe soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Crockpot Vegetarian Chili
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 15-oz can no-sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- Hot sauce, chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chips.
- To a 6-quart slow cooker, add the onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-7 or until the vegetables are tender.
- Uncover, stir in the lime juice and hot sauce, if using. Taste and add the remaining salt if desired. Serve as is or with any toppings you like.
This post contains affiliate links.