5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are easy to prepare in the slow cooker and make for a filling, festive and delicious meal.
Don’t you just love a one-pot meal?
I know I do, especially when that meal can be prepared in the slow cooker!
Since creating the one-pot recipe Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken & Sweet Potatoes I’ve been playing around with a vegetarian sweet potato recipe and this one hits it out of the park.
My favorite part of this one is how easy the prep is. Simply stir together a few pantry ingredients, plop in a few sweet potatoes, cover, and walk away.
Of course, what makes this one really special are the toppings. Feel free to add whatever toppings you love to create a one-of-a-kind sweet potato masterpiece!
I hope you’ll give this one a try soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
PS – If you love this easy crockpot soup, I think you’ll really like this collection of vegetarian slow cooker recipes too!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Serve the sweet potatoes sprinkled with a little salt and the black beans separately for resistant eaters.
2 | Make a DIY sweet potato bar with all the toppings. Encourage each person to create their own sweet potato masterpiece!
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 15- oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 ⅓ cup salsa divided*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 medium or 4 small sweet potatoes scrubbed
- Optional toppings: Yogurt sour cream, cheese, chopped scallion, sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, pickled or fresh jalapeño, shredded cabbage, fresh lime wedges for squeezing.
- In the base of a 6-quart slow cooker, stir together the beans, 1 cup salsa, garlic powder, smoked paprika, water and salt. Place the sweet potatoes on top of the bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes, slice in half, and serve topped with the black beans, the remaining salsa, and any other toppings you like.
This post contains affiliate links