This Black Bean Salad with Corn recipe combines cherry tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, red onion and cilantro with an easy, healthy cumin lime dressing.
Perfect for a light vegetarian dinner, colorful side dish or make-ahead lunch!
This super easy and fast black bean salad recipe goes with just about anything!
It’s quick, simple, filling and delicious. Just the thing to throw together on a weeknight (or really any day you don’t feel like cooking).
I’m a big believer that homemade healthy meals don’t have to be complicated to be delicious.
A few real food ingredients is all you really need. This is one of those recipes I turn to when I’m short on time. It has very few prep steps & comes together in under 20 minutes.
an easy no-cook dinner
Already-cooked, canned black beans are one of my favorite recipe shortcuts.
They’re such a versatile ingredient, so I’ve always got a can or two in my pantry.
For this recipe – you just drain & rinse them, add any fresh veggies, and whisk up your cumin-lime dressing.
Before you know it, you’ll be sitting down to enjoy this super easy vegetarian dinner!
other ways to use this corn & black bean salad
Weeknight dinner bowls are one of our capsule meal plan go-to’s and we’ve been loving this dressed up as a burrito bowl.
Here’s a few more simple ways you could customize this recipe:
- Make a burrito bowl: serve atop cooked rice or cauliflower rice, along with toppings of your choice such as avocado, sour cream, cheese, salsa, and hot sauce.
- Serve as a side: Also works as a side salad to grilled meat or fish, or as a main dish salad
- Serve as a dip: You can also serve this salad as an appetizer or dip. Just add chips or crackers and you’re good to go!
- Serve as a make-ahead lunch: Makes a great make-ahead lunch, and can be stored, covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Add more greens: Serve on top of baby greens or chopped romaine for extra crunch
- Enjoy as a wrap: Use lettuce wraps or tortillas for an easy, refreshing meal.
Tip: Give the dressing about 5 min to marinate with all your fresh ingredients. It’ll get even more flavorful the longer it sits!
recipe modifications & adaptations
- Don’t like cilantro? Substitute flat leaf parsley (or omit it altogether)
- Use raw sweet corn works well in this recipe. Simply cut the kernels off the cob and add it to the salad. Frozen, defrosted corn will also work well.
- Kidney beans will work in place of the black beans
- You can use apple cider vinegar in place of red wine vinegar
- Double the Cumin Lime Dressing and use it the extra as a salad dressing (or marinade) for another night
I hope you’ll make this black bean salad with corn at home soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
this recipe is…
Black Bean Salad with Corn
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper red, yellow, or orange
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Cumin Lime Dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp granulated garlic powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the black beans, corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro until well combined. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding the lime juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and olive oil in a small mason jar. Shake until well combined. Alternatively, add the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the black bean mixture, stirring to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then taste for seasoning, adding additional lime juice or salt to taste. Serve at room temperature or store (covered) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links