10 Easy Instant Pot Dinner Recipes for Beginners
If you’re looking for easy weeknight dinner recipes using the instant pot, you’re in the right place! We all know what it’s like to try something new in the kitchen and these 10 instant pot dinner recipes are the perfect place to start learning how to cook delicious pressure cooker meals.
instant pot cooking is such a time saver
It’s no secret that I love easy slow cooker recipes, but when I’m extra pressed for time I turn to my instant pot to get dinner done fast.
Pressure cookers are such time (and sanity) savers on busy weeks. I find myself leaning on them more and more these days.
Each recipe only needs a few minutes of hands-on prep time. Then simply add your real food ingredients to the pot, set to pressure cook, and let it do the work for you.
The convenience of crock pot cooking, with the added perk of a quicker cook time. What’s not to love about that?
simple recipes that are easy to make
I know how intimidating it can feel to use a new appliance for the first time.
If you’ve been thinking about getting an instant pot (or already have one and are scared to take it out of the box) – start with just one easy recipe. It’s the best way to learn how to use your pressure cooker, get over your fears, and (most importantly) get cooking!
To get you inspired, I gathered some of my favorite beginner-friendly instant pot dinner recipes for you here. They’re all light on prep steps and big on flavor. The ingredients are easy to find and you’ll fall in love with how much this will simplify home cooking for you.
These easy recipes will help you learn how to cook everything – including eggs, veggies, chicken, soups, main dishes and more. Your confidence will grow in the kitchen as you cook through each recipe. And before you know it, you’ll be a total instant pot pro.
All of these recipes are:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Soy free
- Refined sugar free
I’ve included some paleo friendly, whole 30 friendly, or vegetarian options too. Each recipe has simple adaptations and tips waiting for you, like ingredient swaps and making these meals kid-friendly.
I hope you’ll make these delicious dinner recipes soon!
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
5-Ingredient Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili (Slow Cooker, Instant Pot)
Ingredients: sweet potatoes, black beans, salsa, vegetable stock, cumin, smoked paprika and salt
Nourishing Instant Pot Turmeric Chicken Soup
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, carrot, celery, onion, turmeric, olive oil and seasonings
One-Minute Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Ingredients: eggs and water.
Glow Red Lentil Soup (Instant Pot, Crockpot, Stove Top)
Ingredients: red lentils, coconut milk, tomatoes, onion, lime juice, garlic, ginger, turmeric and other spices
3-Ingredient Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or chicken thighs), salsa, Russet potatoes and salt.
Instant Pot + Crockpot Sunshine Lemon Chicken Chowder
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), baby potatoes, celery, cauliflower, onion, chicken stock, coconut milk, lemon juice, turmeric and other seasonings
Instant Pot Peach Chicken & Basil
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), peaches, chicken stock, olive oil, onion, balsamic vinegar, garlic, fresh basil and salt.
Instant Pot Loaded Mexican Chicken Soup
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or chicken thighs), tomato sauce, zucchini, chicken stock, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, onion, garlic powder, cumin, mild chili powder, olive oil and salt.
Instant Pot Chicken, Apples & Cabbage
Ingredients: chicken, onion, apples, cabbage, garlic powder, apple cider, apple cider vinegar and other seasonings
10 Instant Pot Dinner Recipes for Beginners, Plus Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 3 small zucchinis, sliced in half the long way, then sliced into 1-inch half moons
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 cups baby spinach or baby kale
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 limes, juiced
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, chopped scallions, sliced avocado, lime wedges, hot sauce
- Add the olive oil to an electric pressure cooker. Turn to saute, add the onion and ¼ teaspoon salt and saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder, stirring to combine.
- Add the chicken, tomato sauce, zucchini, remaining 1 ¾ teaspoon salt, and chicken stock, stirring to combine.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 15 minutes. Your instant pot may take anywhere from 25-35+ minutes to come to pressure before the cook time starts.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken, chop or shred into bite sized pieces and add back to the pot. Stir in the spinach or kale, cherry tomatoes, and lime juice. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Top with any toppings you like and serve.
Nutrition Information:Nutrition disclaimer
this post contains affiliate links