Easy Instant Pot Turkey Tacos
Easy Instant Pot turkey tacos combine ground turkey meat with tomato sauce and a few simple spices for an easy prep taco filling perfect.
Make tonight taco night!
Ground turkey tacos are one of my go-to weeknight meals!
They come together quickly and the topping options are truly endless.
Meaning I can use one simple recipe for turkey taco meat to make multiple dinners during the week.
Including everything from – well, the obvious, tacos – to taco bowls, salads, burritos, and more.
The best part?
This turkey taco meat recipe can be made in the instant pot, for the ultimate fuss-free meal prep situation.
how to make turkey tacos in the Instant Pot
- Low and slow cook time allows the turkey to get tender and absorb all flavor from the spices
- Once you sauté the turkey meat it’s a hands-off recipe. Perfect for busy days, game days, or days you just want to set it and forget it
The trick to avoiding the burn sensor in pressure cooker recipes that use canned tomato products is to stir in the tomatoes at the end.
more ways to use this ground turkey taco meat
- for taco filling – you can use hard taco shells, or soft corn or flour tortillas with toppings like this 4-ingredient guacamole
- to make a taco bowl – use your rice of choice (or cauliflower rice) and add fresh toppings like romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and more
- as a burrito filling – stuff into a large soft tortilla with your favorite burrito add-in’s
- serve on top of a taco salad – use fresh greens or creamy cabbage slaw as your base then add your taco filling, cheese, toppings, and chips for crunch
meal prep tips & how to store or freeze leftovers
- Cooked ground turkey will keep well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, in a sealed container
- This recipe also freezes well, store in a sealed freezer friendly container for up to 2-3 months
This recipe can be made ahead! Perfect for meal prep on busy weeks (or anytime you need to feed a crowd quickly & easily)
recipe notes, modifications & adaptations
- Skip the chili powder if you are sensitive to heat
- Or stir in a tablespoon of hot sauce at the end to kick up the heat
- I used 93% lean ground turkey, you can use an even leaner ground turkey if you like but it will be drier, less tender and less flavorful
- To keep these grain free, use a grain-free tortillas or lettuce wraps instead of traditional tortillas
- You can also make slow cooker turkey tacos or make them on the stovetop – see the notes section of the recipe card below for how
this recipe is…
I hope you’ll make this Easy Instant Pot Turkey Tacos recipe soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Easy Instant Pot Turkey Tacos
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- tortillas, lettuce, tomato, avocado, jalapeno, hot sauce, salsa, cheese, sour cream, red onion
- In a small bowl, make the spice mixture by combining the cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to sauté for 15 minutes. Allow to pre-heat for 5 minutes.
- When heated, add the olive oil and the turkey, sprinkling with half the spice mixture. Stir, breaking the ground turkey apart with a wooden spoon
- Allow the turkey to brown on one side, about 4-5 minutes, then stir to flip the turkey and cook and additional 3-4 minutes until browned and cooked through
- Add the remaining spice mixture and chicken stock stirring, to combine
- Add the tomato paste to the top of the turkey mixture. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Your instant pot may take up to 10-20 minutes to come to pressure. When done cooking, quick release the pressure
- Stir the turkey mixture until well combined. Serve in warm tortillas with preferred toppings if desired
This post contains affiliate links