If you’re looking for an Easy Summer Capsule Meal Plan & Recipes, you’re in the right place! We all know what it’s like to need to get dinner on the table on busy weeknights, so here’s an easy meal plan template and collection of fresh summer recipes to help you make it happen.
This easy Summer Capsule Meal Plan is designed to help you have fewer decisions and more ease in your week.
This is how I feel good effect meal planning and streamline meal prep for our family.
what is a capsule meal plan?
If you’re new to the idea of a capsule meal plan and what it can do for you, I recorded a whole podcast episode for you about it. Similar to the concept of a capsule wardrobe, this capsule meal plan reduces my daily decision fatigue while still leaving plenty of room for flexibility.
Instead of trying to do it all perfectly, I simply pick a meal type for each day of the week – something I know I enjoy like Taco Tuesday or Grill Night.
And then choose from a short list of simple, delicious recipes. Ones that are quick to throw together with very minimal prep. All made with feel-good, real food ingredients.
This meal template lets me keep the categories the same, but switch up the recipes week to week if I want. Giving me and my family fun variety, without the fuss.
summer meal plan template
To get you inspired, I’ve laid out 4 nights of example meal categories that are perfect for this season. Plus a few favorite, fuss-free recipes under each one.
these recipes are…
I hope you’ll try these recipes soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see. Now let’s start cooking up some recipes for our Easy Summer Capsule Meal Plan!
grilled summer recipes
Another easy grilled chicken recipe is this grilled chicken power salad with homemade raspberry dressing!
Wanna grill bone-in chicken instead? Try this easy grilled bbq chicken with naturally sweetened sauce
Add this easy pasta recipe to your list too! This garden pasta salad with homemade italian dressing has lots of fresh ingredients & can be made ahead.
No grill? No problem. Try this instant pot peach chicken & basil recipe instead for a quick & easy meal.
Canned black beans are such a versatile pantry staple! You can also use them to make this delicious slow cooker enchilada quinoa.
Another take-out inspired favorite are these 5-ingredient potsticker turkey meatballs. The honey lime dipping sauce is easy enough for busy weeknights!
summer stir-fry dishes
Love easy stir fry dishes? You won't wanna miss this one-pan ginger honey cashew chicken and green beans recipe.
Quick, one-pan chicken dinners are the best! Keep this 15-minute chicken and broccoli stir fry recipe in your backpocket on nights when you're short on time.
You can also make these on a sheet pan! The veggies cook at the same time in this sheet pan fajita fish tacos recipe.
Another easy weeknight taco recipe is this maui turkey tacos one, super flavorful and comes together in under 15 min
Need another easy dinner idea? You've gotta try this 6-ingredient slow cooker chicken taco chili recipe. It's always a hit in our house.
Summer Capsule Meal Plan: Black Bean Quinoa Bowls
- 1½ cup quinoa
- 2 ¾ cups water or vegetable / chicken stock
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange) chopped
- 2 ears corn kernels cut off (or sub 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted)
- ⅓ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice from about 2-3 limes
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne optional
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Place the quinoa in a strainer and rinse well. Place the rinsed quinoa in a pot with a tight-fitting lid along with the water (or vegetable / chicken stock). Cover, bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let stand for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks make the dressing by whisking the lime juice, salt, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and honey or maple syrup until well combined. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk again until well combined.
- In a large bowl add the warm quinoa and black beans and dressing. Allow to sit 5 minutes for the quinoa and black beans to absorb the dressing. Add cabbage, tomatoes, bell pepper, and corn, stirring to combine. Top with pumpkin seeds and cilantro, then serve warm or at room temperature.
This post contains affiliate links