If you’re looking for easy, healthy and delicious slow cooker soup recipes to just throw in your crockpot – you’re in the right place!
Read on for 20 recipes to make for a Souper September.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think there’s anything better than a big steamy bowl of cozy soup at the end of a long day.
Plus soups & stews are so easy to make and I love that they’re often loaded with veggies, protein, and so many good-for-you ingredients.
So in honor of my love of soup, I’m doing Souper September this year.
If you want to join me, I pulled together my best, easiest, simplest soup recipes.
Bonus: they can all be made in the slow cooker for the ultimate hands-off cooking!
nourishing slow cooker soups all in one place
You can find all these cozy, feel-good soups in our free 30-Days of Nourishing Soups guide. It’s free, so grab it below and get your soup on!
reasons you’ll love these healthy slow cooker soup recipes
- These are basically throw and go kind of soup recipes in the slow cooker
- No hard to find ingredients or complicated instructions
- They make great leftovers that’ll last you for many meals throughout the week
- In many cases there are also stovetop variations, plus instructions to make these recipes in an instant pot or pressure cooker. So even if you don’t have a slow cooker, you’re good to go!
can I freeze slow cooker soups & stews for later?
Yes! I love freezing leftover soups & stews for quick lunches and dinners on the go.
My favorite method is to freeze in individual servings in glass mason jars.
Every one of these recipes makes great freezer-friendly leftovers. This post has all my best tips for how to freeze anything in a mason jar.
muffins & side salads to serve with soup
- one-bowl apple cornmeal muffins
- flourless sweet potato pie muffins
- golden glow turmeric muffins
- honey vanilla cornbread
- cranberry orange muffins
- chopped kale salad
- autumn lentil salad
- roasted butternut squash harvest salad
- creamy cabbage slaw
browse these recipes by ingredient
To make it even easier to find a recipe that helps you use what you love or work with what you’ve got at home already, I’ve organized this list of healthy soups into sections by ingredient:
these recipes are all…
You’ll also find some paleo, whole30, vegetarian and vegan options too – so there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
I hope you’ll make these Easy Slow Cooker Soup recipes soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Slow Cooker Soups with Chicken
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), sweet potatoes, lacinato kale, chicken stock, extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, carrot, celery, onion, turmeric, olive oil and seasonings
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, zucchini, tomato sauce, leafy greens, onion, chili powder, cumin and other seasonings
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), baby potatoes, celery, cauliflower, onion, chicken stock, coconut milk, lemon juice, turmeric and other seasonings
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), canned black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes & green chilis, quinoa, chicken stock, carrots, onion, lime juice, cumin and other seasonings
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, carrots, celery, onion, frozen peas, coconut milk, bay leaf and other seasonings
Ingredients: chicken breast (or thigh), stock, potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder and other seasonings
Ingredients: chicken breast (or thigh), stock, quinoa, zucchini, corn, garlic, onion, carrots, chickpeas, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and other spices
Ingredients: chicken breast (or thigh), chickpeas, stock, onion, carrot, garlic, diced tomatoes, spinach, dried apricots, lemon juice and other spices
Slow Cooker Soups with Turkey
Ingredients: ground turkey (or ground beef), onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, stock, spinach, Italian seasoning and other spices
Slow Cooker Soups with Beef
Ingredients: polish beef sausage, stock, sweet potato, purple cabbage, onion, apple cider vinegar
Ingredients: ground beef, onion, carrot, zucchini, green beans, kale, sweet potato, stock, diced tomatoes, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and other spices
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Vegetable Soups
Ingredients: red lentils, coconut milk, tomatoes, onion, lime juice, garlic, ginger, turmeric and other spices
Ingredients: Butternut squash, apples, onion, carrot, turmeric, coconut milk, vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and other spices.
Ingredients: diced tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, onion, garlic, raw cashews, Italian seasoning and other spices
Ingredients: canned pumpkin puree, stock, tomato sauce, coconut milk, onion, garlic, herbs & seasonings
Ingredients: russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, broth, coconut milk, onion, garlic, white wine vinegar and other spices
Ingredients: chickpeas, white beans, butternut squash, diced tomatoes, swiss chard (or spinach), stock, onion, garlic and other spices
Ingredients: butternut squash, quinoa, kale, tomatoes, broth, onion, garlic, white wine vinegar, cumin, paprika, and other spices
Ingredients: sweet potato, apple, potatoes, stock, coconut milk, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, turmeric and other seasonings
Ingredients: russet potatoes, onion, stock, raw cashews, nutritional yeast and other seasonings
Ingredients: sweet potatoes, white beans, chickpeas, carrots, diced tomatoes, quinoa, kale, onion, stock
20+ Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes: Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 2 cups chopped apple such as Honeycrisp
- 6 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk from a can
- For serving: fresh sage toasted pumpkin seeds, freshly ground pepper, Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas (optional)
Instant Pot Variation:
- Add the onion, carrot, apple, butternut squash, garlic, salt, turmeric, cinnamon and stock to a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Uncover and add the coconut milk. Using an immersion blender, blend until very smooth. Alternatively, working in batches, carefully ladle the soup into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired. Serve with any toppings you like.
Slow Cooker Variation:
- Follow step 1, but use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6, or until all the veggies are tender.
- Proceed with steps 4-5.
- Follow step 1, but use a large Dutch oven or pot.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 25-35 minutes.
- Proceed with steps 4-5.
This post contains affiliate links