Crockpot Soups & Stews (20+ Recipes)
Chillier temperatures mean one thing: it’s soup and stew season!
Read on to find 20+ nourishing crockpot soup and stew recipes to make all fall and winter long.
Simply throw all of the ingredient in and let your crockpot work its magic.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think there’s anything better than a big steamy bowl of cozy soup at the end of a long day.
Plus healthy soup & stew recipes are so easy to make and I love that they’re often loaded with veggies, protein, and so many good-for-you ingredients.
So in honor of my love of soup, I’m doing Souper September this year.
If you want to join me, I pulled together my best, easiest, simplest soup recipes.
Bonus: they can all be made in the slow cooker for the ultimate hands-off cooking!
nourishing crockpot soups all in one place
You can find all these cozy, feel-good soups in our free 30-Days of Nourishing Soups guide. It’s free, so grab it below and get your soup on!
reasons you’ll love these healthy crockpot soup recipes
- These are basically throw and go kind of soup recipes in the slow cooker
- No hard to find ingredients or complicated instructions
- They make great leftovers that’ll last you for many meals throughout the week
- In many cases there are also stovetop variations, plus instructions to make these recipes in an instant pot or pressure cooker. So even if you don’t have a slow cooker, you’re good to go!
can I freeze slow cooker soups & stews for later?
Yes! I love freezing leftover soups & stews for quick lunches and dinners on the go.
My favorite method is to freeze in individual servings in glass mason jars.
Every one of these recipes makes great freezer-friendly leftovers. This post has all my best tips for how to freeze anything in a mason jar.
muffins & side salads to serve with soup and stews
- one-bowl apple cornmeal muffins
- flourless sweet potato pie muffins
- golden glow turmeric muffins
- honey vanilla cornbread
- cranberry orange muffins
- chopped kale salad
- autumn lentil salad
- roasted butternut squash harvest salad
- creamy cabbage slaw
browse these recipes by ingredient
To make it even easier to find a recipe that helps you use what you love or work with what you’ve got at home already, I’ve organized this list of healthy soups into sections by ingredient:
these recipes are all…
You’ll also find some paleo, whole30, vegetarian and vegan options too – so there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
I hope you’ll make these Easy Slow Cooker Soup recipes soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Slow Cooker Soups with Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale, and Sweet Potato Soup
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), sweet potatoes, lacinato kale, chicken stock, extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning
Nourishing Instant Pot Turmeric Chicken Soup
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, carrot, celery, onion, turmeric, olive oil and seasonings
Crockpot Loaded Mexican Chicken Soup
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, zucchini, tomato sauce, leafy greens, onion, chili powder, cumin and other seasonings
Instant Pot + Crockpot Sunshine Lemon Chicken Chowder
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), baby potatoes, celery, cauliflower, onion, chicken stock, coconut milk, lemon juice, turmeric and other seasonings
Slow Cooker Chicken, Black Bean, and Quinoa Stew
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), canned black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes & green chilis, quinoa, chicken stock, carrots, onion, lime juice, cumin and other seasonings
Instant Pot + Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Ingredients: chicken breasts (or thighs), chicken stock, carrots, celery, onion, frozen peas, coconut milk, bay leaf and other seasonings
Instant Pot + Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew (with Vegetarian Option)
Ingredients: chicken breast (or thigh), stock, potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder and other seasonings
Slow Cooker Chicken, Veggie, and Quinoa Stew
Ingredients: chicken breast (or thigh), stock, quinoa, zucchini, corn, garlic, onion, carrots, chickpeas, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and other spices
Slow Cooker Chicken and Chickpea Stew
Ingredients: chicken breast (or thigh), chickpeas, stock, onion, carrot, garlic, diced tomatoes, spinach, dried apricots, lemon juice and other spices.
Slow Cooker Soups with Turkey
Crockpot Mini Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
Ingredients: ground turkey (or ground beef), onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, stock, spinach, Italian seasoning and other spices
Slow Cooker Soups with Beef
Sausage, Cabbage & Sweet Potato Stew (Instant Pot, Crockpot, Stove Top)
Ingredients: polish beef sausage, stock, sweet potato, purple cabbage, onion, apple cider vinegar
Easy Instant Pot Beef Minestrone Soup
Ingredients: ground beef, onion, carrot, zucchini, green beans, kale, sweet potato, stock, diced tomatoes, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and other spices.
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Vegetable Soups
Glow Red Lentil Soup (Instant Pot, Crockpot, Stove Top)
Ingredients: red lentils, coconut milk, tomatoes, onion, lime juice, garlic, ginger, turmeric and other spices
Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
Ingredients: Butternut squash, apples, onion, carrot, turmeric, coconut milk, vegetable stock, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and other spices.
Crockpot Creamy Tomato Soup (paleo, whole30, dairy-free)
Ingredients: diced tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, onion, garlic, raw cashews, Italian seasoning and other spices
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup with Canned Pumpkin
Ingredients: canned pumpkin puree, stock, tomato sauce, coconut milk, onion, garlic, herbs & seasonings
Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Corn Chowder (Dairy-Free)
Ingredients: russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, broth, coconut milk, onion, garlic, white wine vinegar and other spices
Slow Cooker Autumn Minestrone Soup
Ingredients: chickpeas, white beans, butternut squash, diced tomatoes, swiss chard (or spinach), stock, onion, garlic and other spices
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash, Kale & Quinoa Stew
Ingredients: butternut squash, quinoa, kale, tomatoes, broth, onion, garlic, white wine vinegar, cumin, paprika, and other spices
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato, Apple, & Turmeric Soup
Ingredients: sweet potato, apple, potatoes, stock, coconut milk, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, turmeric and other seasonings
Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Chowder (Dairy-Free)
Ingredients: russet potatoes, onion, stock, raw cashews, nutritional yeast and other seasonings
10-Ingredient Slow Cooker Vegetable and Quinoa Stew
Ingredients: sweet potatoes, white beans, chickpeas, carrots, diced tomatoes, quinoa, kale, onion, stock
20+ Crockpot Soups & Stews: Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 2 cups chopped apple, such as Honeycrisp
- 6 cups chopped butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk, from a can
- For serving: fresh sage, toasted pumpkin seeds, freshly ground pepper, Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas (optional)
Instant Pot Variation:
- Add the onion, carrot, apple, butternut squash, garlic, salt, turmeric, cinnamon and stock to a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Uncover and add the coconut milk. Using an immersion blender, blend until very smooth. Alternatively, working in batches, carefully ladle the soup into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired. Serve with any toppings you like.
Slow Cooker Variation:
- Follow step 1, but use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6, or until all the veggies are tender.
- Proceed with steps 4-5.
- Follow step 1, but use a large Dutch oven or pot.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 25-35 minutes.
- Proceed with steps 4-5.
This post contains affiliate links