Looking for simple, healthy brunch ideas? These recipes are easy to make-ahead so you can enjoy time with your guests the day-of. They’re all vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free – perfect to bring to a potluck or for feeding a crowd!
save time & prep a few recipes ahead
Brunch can be the perfect way to entertain, as it’s often more relaxed, laid-back, providing a great way to bring people together (minus the stress of a traditional dinner party).
The best way to streamline and simplify brunch even further is to prepare a few recipes ahead of time, so you can spend more time on what matters most – enjoying all the good company and good food together!
Many of these recipes double as excellent make-ahead breakfasts, lunches, or quick snack ideas. Perfect for those busy weeks!
favorite dishes for a relaxed brunch
I like to serve a mix of sweet and savory dishes. Including a few classic breakfast & brunch favorites like one-bowl muffins and hearty egg dishes. Along with a few salads & maybe a snackable dip to round out the menu.
The key is to pick out things that you can prep ahead of time that will keep well in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. Bonus points if it can be served cold or at room-temperature, or is easy enough to heat up the day-of.
Egg dishes can be one of the things people are most reluctant to try to make ahead. But I’ve got you covered with plenty of tips in the blog posts & recipe cards – including the best methods for reheating them. I also point out which steps you can prep the night before if you’ve got your heart set on fresh-cooking the eggs that morning.
these recipes are…
Plus I’ve included some vegan and paleo options, too! Each recipe has simple adaptations and tips waiting for you, like ingredient swaps and ideas for making these meals kid-friendly.
I hope you’ll make these delicious vegetarian make-ahead brunch recipes soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Fan of quick & easy pasta salads? This 5-ingredient mediterranean pasta salad recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. You can serve it as a side or bulk it up for a super-fast dinner option!
Ingredients: russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, eggs, olive oil and salt
Ingredients: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemon juice, maple syrup, rolled oats, oat flour, pecans, cinnamon and salt
Make sure this recipe is on your to-bake list too! These one-bowl apple cornmeal muffins are just the thing to make on busy weeks.
Love banana bread? These Blender Maple Banana Flourless Muffins are another reader favorite.
pin this post to save these brunch ideas for later!
This post contains affiliate links
10 Make Ahead Vegetarian Brunch Recipes, plus Sweet Potato Egg Nests
- 2 medium russet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for greasing the muffin tin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for sprinkling
- 12 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the russet and sweet potatoes until they’re cooked through but not quite tender, about 20 minutes. The goal is just to pre-bake them a bit, so they should still be pretty firm.
- Let the potatoes cool enough to handle, then peel and grate, using the largest grating size.
- In a large bowl, toss the grated potatoes, olive oil, and salt.
- Grease the muffin tin with olive oil.
- Add the grated potato mixture to a 12-cup muffin pan, 1/3 cup at a time. The mixture will shrink significantly when baked, so it’s okay if there’s a lot of mixture in each cup. If you end up with extra potato mixture, feel free to use it to make additional egg cups.
- Use your fingers to lightly press the center of each cup so the potatoes spill over the top a bit.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees, then bake until the potatoes are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Keep on eye on them so the ends of the potato shreds don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven, let the nests cool a bit, then crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle with additional kosher salt to taste.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your eggs. Let cool slightly, then serve immediately.