One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins are a super tender, totally healthy, and packed with all the flavors of fall. A gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free recipe.
I don’t know about you, but cooking with apples is one of my favorite things about fall.
We live in the Pacific Northwest, and there are just so many fresh, juicy varieties to choose from.
Some years we make our way out to the orchards for a day of apple picking, but even when we miss peak season, I’m always sure to grab a bag from the market every single time I go.
Combine this apple love with our family’s obsession with muffins, and you have yourself the perfect combo.
One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins truly taste like fall all wrapped up in a tiny little bundle, and are absolutely bursting with apple.
First, these guys are naturally sweetened with applesauce, and then get an extra hit of sweetness from pure apple cider.
Then little apple pieces are folded throughout, making for the ultimate triple apple experience.
I made a batch for our annual pumpkin carving party in October, and have made several batches since.
We just can’t get enough!
I hope you’ll make these soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Now, let’s make some One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins.
Recipe & Kid Friendly Adaptations
1 | These muffins are super tender, so be sure to grease or line the muffin tin, and allow to cool completely for easy removal.
2 | Not a fan of chunks? Skip the chopped apple for a smoother consistency.
3 | These muffins freeze well, so make a double batch and freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
This Recipe Is
gluten-free, dairy-free, mayo-free, nut-free, grain-free, soy-free and paleo
Tools to Make One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins
Pin the Image Below To Save One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins to Pinterest for Later!
One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil plus more for greasing
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup fresh-pressed apple cider
- 2 ⅓ cups almond or oat flour*
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- Cinnamon sugar for topping optional
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and cider.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the chopped apple, stirring until just combined.
- Fill each section of a 12-section greased or silicone lined muffin tin with roughly ¼ cup batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if using, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, then serve or store for later.