The secret to tender, juicy turkey meat is cooking it in the crockpot!
Read on for 9+ easy prep slow cooker turkey recipes that’ll help you solve dinner on busy weeks.
Turkey is one of those ingredients that people shy away from using (I think because it has a tendency to dry out during cooking).
So I know a lot of you may avoid it outside of big holiday gatherings & special meals.
But since it goes with so many different dishes, my family loves to cook with it year round.
And I’ve found that the crockpot is the perfect method to get juicy, tender meat every time.
With less effort, less mess, and less stress!
easy to prepare crockpot turkey recipes
If you haven’t tried cooking turkey this way, I’m sharing a few of my family’s favorite easy crockpot recipes to get you inspired!
Slow cooking works for a surprising variety of dishes – like healthy soups, chilis, tacos, meatballs and even homemade healthy sloppy joe’s.
table of contents
You can click on each one below to go straight to that section:
do you have any slow cooker recipes for ground turkey?
The short answer is… yes!
You really can’t beat the convenience, affordability and versatility of ground turkey.
So I’ve included plenty of crock pot recipes with ground turkey for you to try.
You can use ground turkey in the crock pot & get great results, often times without even having to brown it in the pan first! The low & slow cook time keeps the meat tender and moist, and lets all the flavors have time to come together.
these recipes are all…
Plus plenty of paleo, grain-free and whole30 recipe options included too.
I hope you’ll make these Slow Cooker Turkey Recipes soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
slow cooker ground turkey chili recipes
Ingredients: ground turkey, canned beans, bell peppers, onion, sweet potato, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, and other spices
Ingredients: ground turkey, onion, garlic, cumin, chipotle peppers, apples, tomato sauce, lime juice, and other seasonings
Ingredients: ground turkey, pumpkin puree, bell pepper, tomato paste, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, lime juice and other spices
crockpot ground turkey tacos, meatballs & sloppy joe’s
Ingredients: ground turkey, marinara sauce, basil, spinach, onion, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and salt.
Ingredients: ground turkey, grated onion, almond flour (or oat flour), nutritional yeast, granulated garlic powder, cayenne pepper sauce, butter (traditional or dairy-free) and salt
Ingredients: ground turkey, tomato sauce, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic powder, paprika and salt
Ingredients: ground turkey, tomato paste, ketchup, mustard, olive oil, garlic powder, onions, red bell peppers, water and salt.
slow cooker turkey soup recipes
Ingredients: cooked turkey, chicken stock, onion, carrot, celery, potatoes, canned coconut milk (or heavy cream), garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt
Ingredients: ground turkey (or ground beef), onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, stock, spinach, Italian seasoning and other spices
Crockpot Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey 93% lean
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled and diced sweet potato
- 1 15-oz can no-sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
Optional Serving Suggestions:
- chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chips
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt, then stir, breaking the ground turkey apart with a wooden spoon.
- Allow the turkey to brown on one side, about 4-5 minutes, then stir to flip the turkey. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and additional ½ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the turkey is browned and the onion and pepper are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully transfer the turkey, onion, and bell pepper mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the sweet potato, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Uncover, stir, and add the lime juice and hot sauce if using. Taste and add additional salt or hot sauce if desired. Serve with toppings of your choice.
- Without the hot sauce this chili is extremely mild. Adding the hot sauce at the end adds a much needed kick of spice and tang. I used Cholula hot sauce for this recipe.
- If you’re sensitive to heat skip the hot sauce and add extra lime juice and a bit more salt.
- Use ground beef instead of ground turkey if you like
- You can also use 99% lean turkey. It might be slightly drier, but will still taste good.
- Don’t have three types of beans? Use three cans of any singular type of bean, or even just one can will work
- Skip the sweet potato if you’re not a fan, or substitute butternut squash instead
This post contains affiliate links