5-Ingredient Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken Breasts is incredibly simple and yields flavorful, juicy results every time. A super easy, healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, whole30 recipe.
“Every one of these recipes are fantastic and too easy not to make.” ~ Phoebe
I owe this simple roasted chicken recipe to my kitchen idol, Ina Garten.
When I was first learning to cook I’d binge watch Ina’s show, The Barefoot Contessa, on Food Network and would request her cookbooks every Christmas and birthday without fail.
Her food was, and continues to be, simple, classic, and utterly comforting.
Ina has dozens of variations on the classic roasted chicken, and after years of watching her show and reading her books I decided to finally give it a go in my own kitchen.
For some reason I thought the process would be difficult.
I was wrong. It’s so darn easy and crazy delicious my only regret is that I didn’t try it sooner.
These days roasted chicken is one of my go-to recipes for Sunday night dinner, when entertaining friends and family, or as part of my weekly meal prep routine.
I’ll often roast two pans and serve one for dinner and store the other for meals throughout the week.
This meal is a real crowd pleaser, too, and is a particular favorite of Andrew and Elle.
Since the oven is already on I usually chop some some potatoes or sweet potatoes and roast them on a sheet pan drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper right along side the chicken.
Add in a simple green salad and you have a nourishing, comforting meal everyone will go crazy for.
Now, let’s roast some chicken!
1 | This recipe will also work with bone-in chicken thighs.
Depending on the thickness of the chicken you may need to reduce the cooking time, though.
You’re aiming for an internal temperature of 165 degrees, so start checking at around the 30 minute mark.
2 | Dried rosemary will work in place of fresh, or substitute dried or fresh thyme.
this recipe is…
Use this image to pin the recipe for later!
5-Ingredient Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 4 split 2 whole chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on (about 3.5 pounds)
- 4 large garlic cloves finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a sheet pan or baking dish and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle with the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, making sure to rub some of the mixture under the skin.
- Roast for 40-60 minutes, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees in the thickest part. Times will vary depending on how thick the breasts are, so start checking around 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately, or allow to cool, shred or dice the meat if you want, and store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
This post contains affiliate links.