Bright, tangy, and crazy simple to make, Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Pulled Chicken is a no-fuss weeknight dinner everyone will love.
Read on for the chicken recipe, plus 3 ways to use it, so you can cook once and eat well all week!
“This is absolutely delicious. Smells heavenly while cooking, too!” Sara
Did you guys know I have a full-time job on top of running the blog?
Add those two responsibilities to my wonderfully full family life, and I don’t actually have a lot of time to cook dinner.
Funny to admit as a food + lifestyle blogger, I know.
It was actually this lack of time, combined with my desire to eat real food that led me to start Real Food Whole Life.
I believed then, as I do now, that it is possible to eat and feel good in a busy, full life. We just need a little help and plenty of short-cuts to get there.
Using a slow cooker to simplify getting dinner on the table is one of my favorite hacks.
Read on for the Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Pulled Chicken plus three different ways to use it!
Lemon Herb Chicken Bowls
Top warm quinoa with the chicken, roasted veggies, chopped raw veggies, green onion, avocado, and drizzle generously with the Lemon Herb Sauce.
Lemon Herb Chicken Tacos
Add the shredded chicken to warmed corn tortillas. Top with slaw or shredded raw veggies. Drizzle on Lemon Herb Sauce, salsa, green onions, avocado, or guacamole.
Lemon Herb Chicken Salad
Top your favorite greens with chopped raw and roasted veggies. Pile on the shredded chicken, top with avocado, and drizzle with the Lemon Herb Sauce.
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | If you’re feeding a resistant eater, serve the shredded chicken plain, with the sauce on the side for dipping.
2 | The sauce will work with any type of citrus, so feel free to mix things up with lime or orange juice.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Pin the image below to save Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Pulled Chicken to Pinterest for later!
Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Pulled Chicken + 3 Ways to Use It
- For the Lemon Herb Sauce
- 2-4 medium garlic cloves minced or finely grated
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- For the Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Lemon Herb Sauce
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the garlic, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Stream in the olive oil, whisking until smooth. Add the Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Alternatively, add the garlic (no need to chop first), lemon juice, mustard and salt to a blender. Blend on high, then stream in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Add the herbs and pulse to combine. Use immediately or cover and chill for 3-5 days.
- Add the chicken along with ½ cup Lemon Herb Sauce to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, then add it back to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Stir in the remaining Lemon Herb Sauce, or reserve the Sauce and serve it on the side.
- Serve the chicken as is, or use it in bowls, pasta, tacos, salads, stir-fries or mason jar salads.
This post contains affiliate links