Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Chicken
Bright, tangy, and wildly simple to make, Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Chicken is a no-fuss weeknight dinner everyone will love. Read on for the chicken recipe, plus 3 ways to use it, so you can cook once and eat well all week!
“This is absolutely delicious. Smells heavenly while cooking, too!” Sara
About This Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Chicken
This slow cooker lemon herb chicken is just about the most elegantly simple recipe you can make, yet yields flavorful and delicious results.
My secret for easy weeknight dinners?
It’s all in the sauce!
Whipping together a simple sauce or homemade salad dressing can elevate even the most basic of ingredients — in this case, the humble chicken breast — with very little time or effort involved.
The process gets even easier when you combine the sauce with protein in the slow cooker, as you only need so spend a few minutes on prep and then chicken cook low and slow for ultra yummy results.
This lemon herb chicken is very versatile, too, and I’ve included some ways to use it below.
Simply click below to get more ideas on how to use this herb lemon chicken!
Lemon Herb Chicken Bowls
Top warm quinoa with the chicken, roasted veggies, chopped raw veggies, green onion, avocado, and drizzle generously with the Lemon Herb Sauce.
Lemon Herb Chicken Tacos
Add the shredded chicken to warmed corn tortillas. Top with slaw or shredded raw veggies. Drizzle on Lemon Herb Sauce, salsa, green onions, avocado, or guacamole.
Lemon Herb Chicken Salad
Top your favorite greens with chopped raw and roasted veggies. Pile on the shredded chicken, top with avocado, and drizzle with the Lemon Herb Sauce.
Notes & Adaptations
You can always serve the shredded chicken plain, with the sauce on the side for dipping.
The lemon herb sauce will work with any type of citrus, so feel free to mix things up with lime or orange juice.
This Recipe Is . . .
Slow Cooker Lemon Herb Chicken
For the Lemon Herb Sauce
- 2-4 medium garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, or thighs
- Lemon Herb Sauce, divided
Make the Lemon Herb Sauce
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the garlic, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Stream in the olive oil, whisking until smooth. Add the Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Alternatively, add the garlic (no need to chop first), lemon juice, mustard and salt to a blender. Blend on high, then stream in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Add the herbs and pulse to combine.
Prepare the Chicken
- Add the chicken along with ½ cup Lemon Herb Sauce to a 6-quart slow cooker. Set the remaining sauce aside.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, then add it back to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Stir in the remaining Lemon Herb Sauce, or reserve the Sauce and serve it on the side.
- Serve the chicken as is, or use it in bowls, pasta, tacos, salads, stir-fries or mason jar salads.