Crispy chicken, tender green beans, and a gingery sauce make One-Pan Ginger Honey Cashew Chicken and Green Beans a simple, tasty weeknight recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
One of my favorite tips is to build your plan around specific meal types, one for each day of the week. For example, Monday might be slow cooker night, Tuesday taco night (of course!), Wednesday stir-fry night, Thursday pasta night, and Friday breakfast for dinner.
I’ve found that having a general game plan cuts down on the number of decisions that need to be made by keeping things consistent, but still allows for flexibility and variety each week.
Stir-fry night is a definite must in our family’s weekly meal plans, because they are so fast and easy, allowing for plenty of veggies and protein in just one pan, and resulting in a minimal number of dishes to be done (always an important factor!).
Ginger Honey Cashew Chicken and Green Beans twist on the standard stir-fry, and the flavors are very satisfying without being overwhelming to sensitive palettes. It’s one of our favorites lately, and fits perfectly on stir-fry night, or any night for that matter.
I love how golden and crispy the chicken becomes with the simple addition of arrowroot or cornstarch. And the honey ginger sauce makes the meal seem like take-out, but without all the extra salt, preservatives, and grease.
Leftovers also heat up well the next day, making it perfect for packing for lunch the next day. It’s lovely served over rice, cauliflower rice, or just as is. And, if you don’t have green beans, asparagus, snap peas, or broccoli make excellent substitutes.
I hope you’ll try this simple, tasty weeknight recipe soon. Now, let’s make some stir-fry!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Serve the crispy chicken separately on a plate, plain without any sauce.
2 | Offer the green beans separately as well, or substitute another vegetable of choice.
3 | Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
4 | If you don’t have green beans, feel free to swap in broccoli, asparagus, or snap peas.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Friendly
One-Pan Ginger Honey Cashew Chicken and Green Beans
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced or grated ginger
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- Hot sauce optional
- Lay the chicken pieces on a large plate, sprinkle with arrowroot and ¼ teaspoon salt. Toss everything together until the chicken is well coated.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and honey until well combined
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until it’s browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from the pan and set aside. It’s okay if browned bits remain in the pan.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, along with the green beans, ginger, and ¼ teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth mixture, stirring to get up any chicken bits. Cook on medium low for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced a bit.
- Add chicken back to the pan, along with the cashews, stirring to combine. Taste and add additional salt if necessary. Serve warm over rice on on its own, with hot sauce if you like.