One-Bowl Golden Glow Turmeric Flourless Muffins are packed with nourishing ingredients, like anti-inflammatory turmeric, and make a naturally sweet and healthy breakfast or snack anytime! Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and naturally sweetened.
Have you jumped on the Golden Milk train yet?
If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, let me explain.
Golden Milk is a drink that has gained popularity in the past several years, and is made by whisking turmeric together with milk and other warming flavors, resulting in a drink that can be served hot or cold.
Since studies have shown that turmeric may help fight infections and some cancers, reduce inflammation, and treat digestive problems, Golden Milk has surfaced as an amazingly tasty way to add more anti-inflammatory turmeric into your day.
I try to add a little Golden Milk to my everyday routine, and even came up with a recipe for Golden Milk Concentrate to streamline the process.
I love the benefits of Golden Milk so much that I’ve been playing around with ways to add the goodness to other recipes, particularly ones that my husband and daughter will love.
Enter these Golden Flourless Glow Muffins.
They’re packed with the same powerhouse anti-inflammatory ingredients, all wrapped up in a sweet, tender, addictive little package. It’s a one bowl muffin recipe so it all comes together with minimal prep and minimal mess.
These are also free of refined sugar and flour, with a hint of sweetness from maple syrup and with oat or almond flour standing in for refined flours.
If you’ve never used turmeric, keep in mind that it stains, so wipe any spills quickly.
And one more thing: don’t skip the black pepper! It helps to activate the turmeric.
I hope you’ll make these soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Now, let’s make some One-Bowl Golden Glow Turmeric Flourless Muffins!
recipe & kid friendly adaptations
1 | These muffins can also be made into a quick bread. Simply add to a greased loaf pan and cook for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
2 | Invite the little ones into the kitchen to help with the prep. They can stir the batter, and help spoon it into the muffin tins!
3 | These muffins freeze well. Just cool completely, then store in a tightly sealing zip-top bag for up to 3 months.
this recipe is…
Pin the Image Below To Save One-Bowl Golden Glow Flourless Muffins to Pinterest for Later!
One-Bowl Golden Glow Turmeric Flourless Muffins
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅓ cups almond or oat flour*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper**
- ⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and pepper. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips, stirring to combine.
- Fill each section of a greased, 12-section muffin tin with roughly ¼ cup batter. Sprinkle the tops with chocolate chips, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest on a cooling rack.
This post contains affiliate links.