One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad (Dairy-free, Mayo-Free) is a fresh, bright recipe, perfect for lunch or dinner. Simple to make, crunchy, and satisfying, you’ll want to make this one again and again.
Heeeeeeeeey guys! Let’s talk about lunch. Lately I’ve been receiving quite a few requests for easy, make ahead, healthy lunch options that can be taken on-the-go. I get it. Falling into a lunch rut can be easy to do, and taking the time to prepare an entire meal each mid-day isn’t always an option.
Let me tell you, One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad is your answer. I’m obsessed with this one and eat it often, but somehow it’s never made it onto the blog. Definitely time to change that!
This salad is super simple to make in one bowl with just a handful of ingredients. It can be made ahead in batches and tastes even better after a day or two, making it perfect for prep day. It’s versatile, too, so feel free to play around with the ingredients to fit your taste.
I like to roast up a double batch of 5-Ingredient Garlic Rosemary Chicken to use in this salad, but store-bought rotisserie chicken also works. The dressing is super light and adds plenty of flavor without the addition of mayo or dairy. It’s perfect for lunch, a light dinner, or to bring to a potluck or picnic. Make it once and I have a feeling you’ll be hooked. Now, let’s make some chicken salad!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Use 2 cans of drained tuna in place of the chicken.
2 | Substitute 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion for the scallion.
3 | Pecans or roasted almonds would be a nice substitute for cashews. Or leave them out altogether for a nut-free version.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Whole30, and Paleo Friendly
One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad (Dairy-Free, Mayo-Free)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot very thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped apple from about 2 medium apples
- 2 cups chopped celery from about 8-10 stalks
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts or thighs from Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken or store-bought rotisserie
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- 4 cups arugula or spinach optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, salt, vinegar, and olive oil until well combined.
- Add the shallot, stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the apple, celery, cooked chicken, and cashews, stirring until well combined.
- Serve over greens if you like.