Packed with nourishing ingredients, Turmeric Tahini Loaded Chicken Salad is perfect for lunch at home or to make ahead and take on-the-go!
Do you have plans for lunch?
Well, now ya do!
Allow me to introduce you to Turmeric Tahini Loaded Chicken Salad.
This powerhouse salad is packed with so much goodness, I really don’t know where to begin.
First, it’s loaded with protein-rich chicken plus all kinds of fiber-packed veggies to keep you full.
Then, there’s the creamy dressing that’s magically dairy-free.
The creaminess? It comes from tahini, a super yummy sesame paste that adds tons of richness to the mix.
Also, there’s a healthy dose of anti-inflammatory turmeric to make the whole thing a party.
The inspiration came from a salad similar at a cafe recently, and knew I had to recreate it for you guys.
Using the original recipe as a guide, I bumped up the veggies and added raisins for a touch of sweetness to balance the savory flavors in the rest of the salad.
You can use store-bought, rotisserie chicken to make prep super simple if you like, or use leftover chicken from dinner another night.
I personally like to make a double batch of this salad, and pack it in mason jars to take on-the-go throughout the week.
I hope you’ll try this one soon. Now, let’s make some Turmeric Tahini Loaded Chicken Salad!
Recipe & Kid Friendly Adaptations
1 | Serve the chicken and veggies separately on a plate, with the dressing on the side for dipping.
2 | For a vegetarian option, swap the chicken for 1-2 cans of drained and rinsed cans of chickpeas. Lightly smash half the chickpeas, then proceed with the recipe.
3 | Chopped green apple would also be a nice addition to this salad.
This Recipe Is…
Pin the Image Below To Save Turmeric Tahini Loaded Chicken Salad to Pinterest for Later!
Turmeric Tahini Loaded Chicken Salad
For the Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tahini sesame seed butter
- 1 garlic clove minced or finely grated
- 1 teaspoon honey omit for Whole30
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken*
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup slaw mix or finely shredded cabbage
- 1-2 green onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup sulfite-free raisins
- In a medium bowl, add the turmeric, tahini, garlic, honey (if using), salt, pepper, and vinegar, stirring to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Alternatively, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, carrots, slaw or cabbage, green onions, and raisins. Add the dressing, stirring to combine. Allow to sit for 15 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Serve over greens, if desired.
This post contains affiliate links