Meal Prep Golden Glow Chicken Salad
Meal Prep Golden Glow Chicken Salad is an easy, healthy make-ahead meal that you can prep ahead and take on the go. Make it with chicken, or any protein you like!
Well, we’re headed back to school around here and it’s time to get back into our normal routine.
And part of that routine means getting meals–particularly lunches–prepped ahead.
Because when the week gets crazy, there is nothing better, and I mean nothing, than having a fridge full of lunches ready to grab and go!
This salad is the perfect meal prep option, because it actually gets better the longer it sits.
It also comes together in a matter of minutes, and only requires some simple chopping and stirring.
The dressing is packed with flavor, and gets it’s golden glow from flavorful curry powder.
It’s full of veggies and little sweetness from chopped apple, and of course tons of protein to keep you full all day long.
The great part is that you can customize the protein based on your personal preference and what you have on hand.
Feel free to mix is up with chicken, hard boiled eggs, canned tuna, or chickpeas for a vegetarian option.
Throw in a handful of salty sunflower seeds for crunch and you have yourself a party.
I hope you’ll make this one soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see.
Now, let’s make some Meal Prep Golden Glow Chicken Salad!
Recipe & Kid Friendly Adaptations
1 | Leftover chicken works really well in this recipe. I like using leftovers from 5-Ingredient Instant Pot “Rotisserie” Chicken
2 | Use any cooked protein you like: chicken, hard boiled egg, canned + drained tuna, or chickpeas for a vegetarian option
3 | Add the sunflower seeds at the end to avoid them getting soggy
this recipe is…
Dairy FreeGluten FreeNut FreePaleoWhole30
Tools to Make Meal Prep Golden Glow Chicken Salad
Pin the Image Below To Save Meal Prep Golden Glow Protein Salad to Pinterest for Later!
Meal Prep Golden Glow Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey, omit for whole30
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 cups cooked diced protein, e.g., chicken, hard boiled egg, canned + drained tuna, chickpeas
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 cup diced green apple
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, curry powder and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Make the salad by combining the protein, cucumber, apple, bell pepper, and green onion in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to absorb.
- Serve and enjoy immediately, topped with sunflower seeds, or cover and store for up to 5 days, with sunflowers seeds as a topping.
Nutrition Information:Nutrition disclaimer
This post contains affiliate links.
This was really good! I need things I can grab and go like this for lunch, so was glad to have a yummy healthy lunch that wasn’t boring and was quick to make. Thanks so much for sharing!
Alexis, so happy to hear you enjoyed this one to take on the go. Here’s to yummy healthy lunches!
This looks simple and delicious! Are you using a tortilla or wrap with the salad?
Bri, it’s really up to you. Sometimes I eat as is, but it would be equally delicious served with crackers, atop greens, or wrapped in a tortilla. I hope you enjoy!