Crockpot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
3-Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes is the easiest, most delicious, craziest simple recipe you’ll find anywhere.
What’s more, everything cooks together in the slow cooker, so prep is super fast and cleanup is a breeze!
A gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, and whole30 friendly recipe.
Let’s face it: 3-ingredient recipes are life.
I mean, I do actually enjoy cooking a leisurely dinner with tons of fresh ingredients from time to time.
But most nights? Well, most nights I have just a handful of minutes to throw something together that’s simple, healthy, and importantly, that my family will actually eat.
And now that Elle is almost seven (Crazy, right? For long-time readers of RFWL, she was two when we first started this thing!), we’ve been dipping our toe into the after-school activity pool, which definitely impacts the flow of dinner.
We’ve actually managed to (mostly) avoid the craziness of non-stop, after-school activities until now–having just one kid helps in that department– but as Elle has gotten more into swimming, we’ve decided to give swim team a try.
Given that we live in Portland, though, and going anywhere in rush hour traffic takes a minimum of 30 minutes each way, we’ve had to find a new groove when it comes to dinner prep.
This recipe has honestly been saving my life, especially on days when I forget to pull something together until the very last minute.
The beauty is the magical lack of prep that’s required: simply throw some whole (washed) potatoes, chicken, and prepared salsa in a slow cooker, cover, and hit start.
Seriously, prep is done in less than 5 minutes, and dinner is hot and ready whenever you find your way back home.
Simply top the chicken stuffed potatoes with additional salsa, and any other toppings you like, and you have yourself a meal everyone will request for the weekly menu.
I hope you’ll make this one soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Now, let’s make some 3-Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes!
recipe & kid friendly adaptations
1 | Look for a thick salsa, without any added sugar or preservatives. I’ve found that the jarred variety works well.
2 | Serve the chicken without salsa and potatoes (butter makes it better!) separately for resistant eaters. Offer a toppings bar so everyone can create their own masterpiece.
3 | Want to make this one in the Instant Pot? Check out this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes recipe.
this recipe is…
more easy instant pot recipes
Pin the Image Below To Save 3-Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes to Pinterest for Later!
3-Ingredient Crockpot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup salsa, divided*
- 4 small Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- Optional toppings: additional salsa, avocado or guacamole (recommended), chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, pickled red onion, sour cream
- Add ½ cup salsa to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, then add to the slow cooker, flipping once or twice to coat in salsa. Add the potatoes on top of the chicken in an even layer.
- Cover, then cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6, until the potatoes and chicken are cooked through.
- Using kitchen tongs, carefully remove the potatoes. Set aside.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken or cut into bite-sized chunks, then stir into the cooking liquid.
- Slice each potato in half, then top with the shredded chicken, remaining salsa, and any other toppings you like.
Nutrition Information:Nutrition disclaimer
This post contains affiliate links