The easiest, most delicious, crazy simple recipe, 3-Ingredient Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes is your new go-to for weeknight cooking.
Everything cooks at once, so dinner’s done in minutes! Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
Oh boy, I’ve been waiting to share this recipe with you for so long!
Because, let me tell you, it is a game changer.
There are two reasons why I am so darn excited about this one.
First, it only requires 3 simple, real-food ingredients: jarred salsa, chicken, and potatoes (plus a little salt for good measure).
That’s it. Ingredients that you probably have on hand in your fridge and pantry.
Don’t you just love that?
Ingredients that you can always remember to grab at the store, no matter how hectic life gets.
Second, everything cooks at the same time in the pressure cooker, including the potatoes.
Set the pressure cooker to 15 minutes, walk away, and dinner is piratically done.
Believe me, this one has been a dinner saver many a weeknight, after work and swim practice, when we’re all starved and I don’t want to cook.
The main thing to be mindful of here is the size of the potato. Look for small potatoes so that they’ll cook all the way through.
As a side note, the skins of the potatoes may split a bit while cooking, but it shouldn’t matter because you’ll be stuffing them with the salsa chicken anyway.
The only reason I didn’t share this one sooner is because I haven’t had a moment to take a good photo.
The days are finally getting long enough to photograph during the dinner hour, though, and so after making my family wait to eat (must get that shot!) I’m finally able to bring this one to you.
I hope you love this one. If you make it be sure to tag me on social @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Now, let’s make some 3-Ingredient Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Look for a thick salsa, without any added sugar. I’ve found that the jarred variety works well.
2 | Serve the chicken and potatoes separately for resistant eaters.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Sugar-Free, Paleo and Whole30
3-Ingredient Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup salsa divided*
- 4 small Russet potatoes scrubbed**
- Optional toppings: additional salsa avocado, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, pickled red onion, sour cream
- Add ½ cup salsa and ¾ cup water to a 6-quart electric pressure cooker stirring to combine.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, then add to the pressure cooker, submerging in the salsa-water mixture.
- Add the steamer rack insert then arrange the potatoes in an even layer on top.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure, remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the steamer insert and the potatoes.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken, then stir into the cooking liquid.
- Slice each potato in half, then top with the shredded chicken, remaining salsa, and any other toppings you like.