Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale, and Sweet Potato Soup is packed with protein and veggies and is so easy to make with a short list of simple ingredients. Your new paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, whole30, healthy go-to crockpot recipe!
I made this tonight for dinner, and it was DELICIOUS! I can’t believe we’re eating stew in June, but it was a perfect rainy day for it!! Saving to Pinterest, because I will definitely make again!! Thanks! ~Trish
Have you ever done a juice cleanse?
You know, drinking only fresh pressed juice for a day or more to reset, de-puff, and generally reset?
I have to say, I love the idea of a juice cleanse but I think I like actual food too much to do one.
I do, however, like the idea of a diet “reset,” to get back on track when things get out of balance in the eating department.
Soups and stews are my go-to when it comes to a diet reset because they are packed with protein, fiber, and plenty of nutrients.
This Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale and Sweet Potato Soup is one of my all-time favorites because it’s hearty and filling but also super simple and clean.
Plus, this stew only requires six ingredients!
The prep time is fast, too, with just a bit of washing and chopping to get things going.
This delicious and nourishing soup basically sums up my cooking philosophy: make it simple, make it streamlined, make it real.
Whether you’re in need of a little diet reset, or you just want a warm, nourishing bowl of stew, this one is for you.
Now, let’s make some Slow Cooker Chicken Kale, and Sweet Potato Stew!
1 | Either boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs will work in this recipe so feel free to use what you like and have on hand.
2 | If you have child or family member who doesn’t like kale you can always pick it out before serving.
3 | Alternatively, you can serve the soup “deconstructed” by picking out some chicken, sweet potatoes and kale (or substitute raw, chopped veggies) separately on a plate along with a little bowl of broth on the side.
4 | Add some crusty bread and freshly grated parmesan if you like.
This Recipe Is:
Get the Free Simplified Meal Plan!
Pin this image to save the Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup for later!
you’ll also love these real food slow cooker recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale, and Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 large or 4 small sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale stems removed and thinly sliced (2 packed cups)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 32-oz boxes low-sodium chicken stock
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil to serve
- Place all the ingredients in a 6-qt slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through and very tender.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt to taste. Serve hot with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
this post contains affiliate links