Full of fresh flavors, simple prep, and ready in no time Instant Pot Peach Chicken & Basil is just the thing for a healthy, simple dinner any night of the week.
Are you on the Instant Pot train yet?
It admittedly took me a long time to even consider adding an electric pressure cooker to my lineup of small kitchen appliances.
The thing is, I’m all about simple when it comes to cooking.
I don’t like a lot of stuff cluttering up the kitchen counter, and I really believe that less is more in cooking, and in life.
So let’s just say that I take adding another kitchen gadget pretty seriously.
After hearing rave reviews from friends and readers, though, I finally decide to take the plunge.
And guess what? I’m so glad I did.
The huge advantage of the Instant Pot over the Crockpot is that the former allows you to achieve the slow cooked taste and texture without the long cook time.
So, if you happen to find yourself scrambling to get dinner on the table with only a few minutes to spare the Instant Pot will be your new best friend.
That and the fact that it’s completely hands-off after everything goes in makes it a welcome addition to crazy weeknights.
This recipe for Peach Chicken & Basil is perfect for the Instant Pot, and takes advantage of bold, bright summer flavors.
Since the Instant Pot doesn’t heat up the kitchen, it’s also perfect for summer cooking, and this recipe puts all those fresh flavors into one place. It’s so fun adapting some of my slow cooker favorite recipes to instant pot versions – like with this spinach artichoke chicken recipe.
Once you get the onions sauteed and the sauce blended up it’s as easy as dumping everything in and walking away.
And, if you don’t have an Instant Pot but you have a Crockpot, check out this recipe for Slow Cooker Peach Chicken with Basil.
I hope you’ll try this one soon. Now, let’s make some Instant Pot Peach Chicken & Basil!
recipe & kid friendly adaptations
1 | Serve the chicken and sauce over cooked rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
2 | Serve leftover peach chicken in a bowl or in a wrap.
3 | This recipe works with chicken breasts or thighs, so use whatever you prefer and have on hand.
this recipe is…
Pin the Image Below To Save Instant Pot Peach Chicken & Basil to Pinterest for Later!
Instant Pot Peach Chicken & Basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1 large white or yellow onion very thinly sliced
- 4 peaches no need to peel, sliced, divided
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar divided
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- ¼ cup tightly packed basil leaves thinly sliced
- Hot sauce to taste optional
- Add the olive oil to an electric pressure cooker. Turn to saute, add the onion and ¼ teaspoon salt and saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 sliced peaches, ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, garlic, chicken stock, chicken, and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt to the pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken, and shred or chop into bite sized pieces. Add back to the pressure cooker, along with the remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic, stirring to combine with the sauce. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Serve the chicken and sauce topped with 2 sliced peaches, a sprinkling of basil, and hot sauce to taste.
This post contains affiliate links