Grilled Corn Loaded Guacamole Pasta
Grilled Corn Loaded Guacamole Pasta is lusciously creamy and packed with veggie goodness. A simple, delicious vegetarian main dish everyone will love!
If it were up to me, I would eat this for dinner in the summer. Every. Single. Night.
I mean, guacamole and pasta and grilled corn. Can it get any better? I think not.
The idea for this drool-worthy 30-minute meal came from several places. First, my friend Taesha over at The Natural Nurturer has a Guacamole Zoodle dish that I’m a big fan of.
Second, I’m kind of in love with the Loaded Guacamole with Chicken Kababs from Mark Bittman.
And third, I’m obsessed with Grilled Corn Guacamole from The Pioneer Woman.
So naturally, I decided to mash all these recipes up into one glorious pasta dish. I’m telling you guys, if you’ve never thought to use guacamole as a pasta sauce, now is the time to try it.
It’s creamy just like an Alfredo sauce, but without any dairy and with tons of plant goodness.
I find this recipe to be a perfectly satisfying vegetarian main dish, but sometimes I’ll add a little something grilled on the side–like grilled shrimp or salmon–for Andrew.
Elle prefers hers deconstructed, which is super easy to do. I’ve included some tips for how-to in the notes below.
There really isn’t a better way to use beautiful mid-August corn than in this recipe. If you happen to get a craving for it, say, in the middle of January, not to worry. Frozen, defrosted corn will work just fine.
If you love recipes with fresh avocado definitely add these Easy Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados and Avocado Tomato Basil Salad to your list too.
Any way you go, you need to make this one ASAP. So grab some avocados and let’s make some Grilled Corn Guacamole Pasta!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Deconstruct the pasta and serve it in parts. Think plain pasta, slices of avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, and grilled corn on the cob.
2 | Add grilled shrimp, salmon, or chicken on the side.
3 | Bump up the pasta to 1 pound for a heartier meal.
4 | Add some finely chopped jalapeno for some heat, and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro if you like.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, Vegetarian, and Vegan
Grilled Corn Loaded Guacamole Pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or finely grated
- 2 large or 4 small avocados, pit removed and flesh scooped out
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 8- oz gluten-free or whole wheat pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions, being careful not to overcook. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat. Rub the corn with the olive oil and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt. Grill the corn until lightly browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to cool. When cool, slice the kernels off the cob.
- In a large bowl add the avocados, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, and lime juice. Mash the avocado using the back of a fork until smooth. Add the tomatoes and corn, stirring to combine.
- Add the warm, cooked pasta and stir to coat. Taste and add additional lime juice or salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Woah this is SO good! I’m going to eat this every night for the rest of summer 👏🏻👏🏻
Kelly, ha, I feel the same way about this recipe! So glad you enjoyed. Cheers to eating this one right into fall!
This recipe is delicious. I needed something different to make with the corn I keep getting from the CSA, this hit the spot. Can also use the grilled corn guacamole without the pasta as a dip. 👌🏼
Sarah, yay, so happy to hear you enjoyed this one with your CSA corn. And yes to using it as a dip. Yum!