Easy Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados
These Easy Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados combine bell peppers, celery & shallots with a simple dressing of lemon juice, dill and mayonnaise.
Use precooked shrimp for the perfect no-cook quick lunch or weeknight dinner!
I don’t know about you, but I love quick & refreshing salads.
Bonus points if that salad can double as an easy make ahead lunch or quick weeknight dinner.
Sometimes the wellness world can make meal prep look & feel overwhelming – but it doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing thing.
A little simple food prep – even if it’s just taking care of lunch for a few days – can go a long way on busy weeks.
reasons you’ll love these easy shrimp avocado boats
- It’s the easiest make-ahead lunch or dinner
- This is a no-cook meal if you’re using pre-cooked shrimp
- Makes a great appetizer or full meal depending on serving size
other ways to use this healthy shrimp salad recipe
- Like a lobster roll. Stuff it in a bun or a roll
- As an open-faced sandwich on freshly toasted bread slices
- Over greens with your favorite dressing & toppings
- As a stand alone salad. Consider adding chopped avocado on top
- As a dip served with crackers, chips, veggie sticks or lettuce cups on the side
- As a wrap, served inside a lettuce wrap or tortillas
Meal Prep Tips & How to Store It
- You can make the shrimp salad ahead and keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Tip: wait to slice the avocado until just before serving so they stay nice & fresh (this way the halves don’t turn brown in the fridge)
Recipe Notes, Modifications & Adaptations
- I used 31/40 shrimp, but any size will work
- Can use bay shrimp instead (or even a drained, canned fish like tuna or salmon)
- Full fat, plain Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise
- Add other fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, basil or some microgreens
- Use red onion in place of shallot
The Mayo I Use
I always have a jar of this in my pantry, it’s made with great ingredients (including avocado oil). They carry a vegan option too. Use my code ROBYN for 10% off your order.
this recipe is…
Dairy FreeGluten FreeNut FreePaleoWhole30
I hope you’ll make this avocado shrimp salad recipe soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Easy Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados
- 1 pound cooked peeled shrimp, tails removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 tbsp avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- To a large bowl, add the shrimp, bell pepper, shallot, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and salt, stirring to combine. Divide into four equal portions.
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise, then fill each with one portion of the shrimp salad.
- Serve immediately, with additional lemon juice if desired.
- You can make the shrimp salad ahead and keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days, wait to slice the avocados until just before serving
Nutrition Information:Nutrition disclaimer
This recipe contains affiliate links
Another great recipe! Nice and light, very tasty. Really enjoyed it. I made it with greek yogurt instead and added some couscous as a base. It was really nice.
Jodi, love the greek yogurt sub, such a great option, and serving over couscous sounds delish. Thanks so much for the review!
Wonderful, quick lunch. Was a last minute quick lunch for my husband and I. Had all the ingredients on hand, albeit I used regular lit Mayo and we tossed in a handful of pine nuts for a little crunch. Very Tasty!
Kerryann, yay, so glad you enjoyed this one, and great idea to add the pine nuts for extra crunch. Yum! Thanks so much for leaving a review!
Made this for lunches last week and we loved it! Served on the avocado (yum!) and over lettuce (also yum!). 😍 Light summery meal with ingredients that I had in the kitchen. That’s a winner!
Yay, I love it when a recipe comes together with ingredients you have on hand, Sarah! So glad you enjoyed this one, and thanks so much for leaving a reivew!
Great recipe, really easy and enjoyed by the 2 teens and hubby. Thank you Robyn!
Yay, so happy to year you and your crew enjoyed this one. Thanks so much for leaving a review!