Meal Prep Lemony Dill Egg Salad is fresh, bright and super simple to make ahead. A gluten-free, dairy-free, mayo-free recipe.
Even if I’m short on time and don’t feel like taking on a big meal prep session, I always try to prep a few simple things to sustain us through the week.
Usually that looks like throwing in some One-Minute Hard Boiled Eggs, roasting a pan or two of veggies, and then focusing on getting one or two lunches prepped.
Honestly, if I can just get lunch together I feel pretty good about the whole situation.
There’s really nothing better than having a stack of lunches ready to grab and go, especially when the effort to make them was minimal.
Egg salad is definitely one of my favorites to prep ahead, especially this particular version with its bright, vibrant flavors.
I love mixing together the quick little lemony-garlic-dill infused vinaigrette to stand in for mayo, and then pouring the whole thing over some simply chopped veggies and perfectly cooked eggs.
The great thing about this recipe, too, is that it’s so versatile.
Sometimes I’ll throw in some capers, or chopped pickle, chopped apple, or fresh parsley.
In the spirit of simplicity, this basic version is also a thing of beauty.
Make it ahead, pack it for lunch, and enjoy this one all week long.
I hope you’ll make this one soon. If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see!
Now, let’s make some Meal Prep Lemony Dill Egg Salad!
Recipe & Kid Friendly Adaptations
1 | This recipe is very adaptable, so feel free to add additional chopped veggies or herbs.
2 | Use 1-2 tablespoons of fresh dill in place of dried if you prefer.
3 | Make it a full meal by packing it along with greens, crackers, and fruit. Or turn it into a sandwich for a more traditional twist.
This Recipe Is
gluten-free, dairy-free, mayo-free, nut-free, grain-free, soy-free, paleo, and whole30 friendly
Tools to Make Meal Prep Lemony Dill Egg Salad6-Quart Instant Pot Glass Meal Prep Containers Chef’s Knife
Pin the Image Below To Save Meal Prep Lemony Dill Egg Salad to Pinterest for Later!
Meal Prep Lemony Dill Egg Salad
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced or finely grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 12 hard boiled eggs finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, mustard, and dill. Slowly stream in the oil, whisking until very smooth.
- Add the celery, onion, and eggs to a large bowl. Add the dressing, stirring to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes for the dressing to absorb. Taste and add additional salt or dill if desired. Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.