5 simple ingredients combine in juicy, succulent 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken, an effortless dinner recipe for any night of the week.
I love giving behind-the-scenes glimpses into my daily life over on Instagram stories, and the process gives me a chance to share ideas and recipes inspiration in real time.
Case in point: the other night I took one of my favorite recipes for Slow Cooker Balsamic Whole Chicken and adapted it using bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts.
I shared the recipe adaptation on Instagram stories, and afterward received so many questions regarding the adaptation details that I decided to share the recipe as a new post.
The prep for this delicious, succulent chicken doesn’t get much simpler, and you really can pull everything together in a matter of minutes.
When finished in the slow cooker, I like to run the cooked chicken breasts under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the skin, though this step is optional.
I hope you’ll make this delicious recipe soon, and share it with a friend who needs a little real food slow cooker inspiration. Now, let’s make some 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Shred leftover chicken and use it to make One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Paleo and Whole30 Friendly
Tools to make 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken
Pin the image below to save 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken to Pinterest for later!
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Chicken
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced or finely grated
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ½ pounds bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- Whisk together the garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt in the base of a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken, tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 on low, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. If desired, remove the skin and serve.
- If you prefer to leave the skin on, place the chicken on a sheet pan. Broil on high for 5-8 minutes or until the skin is crispy. Serve warm.
- Strain the juices remaining in the slow cooker and serve with the chicken or use in place of stock in another recipe.