Savory pineapple beef combines with roasted sweet potatoes and fresh spinach, along with a quick mango avocado salsa, in this delicious weeknight bowl.
“I made these earlier this week and they were a huge hit with the whole family–my 10 year old LOVED them! Will definitely make again! Thank you!” -Cherry
The other night I couldn’t sleep. I was tossing and turning and then all of the sudden the idea for these sweet potato pineapple beef bowls popped into my head.
Then I really couldn’t sleep because I wanted to get up right then and make them.
I couldn’t wait for the weekend and the chance to whip up this sweet and savory combination.
When Saturday finally arrived I grabbed a few simple ingredients and got to work.
Andrew, Elle, and I then proceeded to down the heaping bowls full of the sweet potatoes, pineapple beef, and luscious avocado mango salsa.
The grownups also added a good dose of hot sauce, which really sent the bowls over the top.
In the end it seems my restless nighttime vision turned out to be a great kitchen success.
Give these bowls a try, I think you’re going to love them too.
Now, let’s make some Sweet Potato Beef Bowls with Mango Avocado Salsa!
THE RECIPE IS . . .
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, Paleo and Whole30 Friendly
Tools to Use in the Recipe
1 | Feel free to substitute ground turkey in place of the beef if you prefer.
2 | Fresh diced pineapple would also work in place of the mango in the salsa.
3 | Serve all the parts separately: roasted sweet potatoes, pineapple beef, mango chunks, avocado slices, and spinach.
4 | Is your resistant eater not a fan of spinach? Swap it for any preferred raw veggie.
Use this image to pin the recipe for later!
Sweet Potato and Pineapple Beef Bowls with Mango Avocado Salsa
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Pineapple Beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef grass-fed if possible
- 1 can 8-oz crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Salsa
- 1 large mango diced
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Bowls
- 5 oz baby spinach
- Hot sauce optional
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and ½ teaspoon salt together on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flip the potatoes, then roast an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the beef, stirring to break into chunks. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder, mild chile powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook 5-8 minutes or until the beef is browned and cooked through. Drain any extra fat, then add the pineapple and stir to combine. Turn the heat to low until ready to serve.
- Combine the mango, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the spinach, pineapple beef, and sweet potatoes in a bowl. Top with the mango avocado salsa and hot sauce to taste.