Irresistibly fun and totally delicious, One-Bowl Vanilla Cake Batter Bites are a naturally-sweetened, gluten-free, dairy-free treat to celebrate every day.
Can we just talk about these cake batter bites for a minute?
I mean. Seriously. I. am. obsessed.
Vanilla. Cake. Batter. It’s happening.
Of course we post our fair share of naturally-sweetened chocolate treats around here (like these double chocolate banana breakfast muffins and these chocolate chip studded no bake & nut free energy bites to name a few).
Our philosophy when it comes to chocolate is simple: go big or go home. Or at least that’s Elle’s mentality. The girl loves her some chocolate.
But this mama? This mama is actually a vanilla girl. Shhhhhhhh, don’t tell, okay?
And vanilla cake batter? Forget about it.
Given my vanilla ways, I wanted to create a little treat that hit all the cravings in a naturally-sweetened, gluten-free, dairy-free little package.
These little bites are the absolute crave-worthy answer.
As a side note, you’ll notice I’ve included cashew butter in the ingredient list for these, as it does the best job of driving home that “cake batter” flavor.
I’ve seen cashew butter at Trader Joe’s and at natural food stores, but if you can’t find it or if it’s not in your budget you’ll find some substitution suggestions in the notes.
Okay, enough talking. It’s time to get in the kitchen and make these asap. Now, let’s make some One-Bowl Vanilla Cake Batter Bites!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | Invite your child to help make these bites! He or she can stir the ingredients together, and assist in rolling the balls in the sprinkles.
2 | Substitute unsweetened sunflower seed butter for the cashew butter if you’re looking for a nut-free option.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, and Vegan
One-Bowl Vanilla Cake Batter Bites (Naturally-Sweetened)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup natural unsweetened cashew butter at room temperature*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups oat flour**
- 2 tablespoons dye-free sprinkles***
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut oil, cashew butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the salt and oat flour, stirring again until well combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until the dough is firm enough to roll.
- Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon, scoop 2 teaspoons of the mixture into your hands and roll gently into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Roll each ball in sprinkles, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Store, tightly covered in the fridge for up to one week.