Enjoy the warming, cozy taste of the season with One-Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Naturally grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and naturally-sweetened, these muffins are simple to make and taste amazing.
We’ve been on a bit of a muffin kick lately.
There’s something so satisfying about taking a handful of ingredients, stirring them together in a bowl, popping the batter into the oven, and pulling out a home baked treat a few minutes later.
Muffins are especially kid friendly (both in regards to the preparation and to the eating), and a great activity to keep little hands busy after school or on a lazy weekend morning.
Elle has become somewhat of an expert in a muffin baking department, and these are definitely one of her favorite recipes to date.
I think it has something to do with the chocolate chips. 🙂
A quick note to let you know that these pumpkin muffins use almond flour.
If almond flour is a new ingredient to you, look for it on the baking aisle next to the “alternative” flours, or in the bulk aisle.
It’s a great option if you’re limiting grains and gluten, or if you’re just looking to try something new.
Just be sure to use almond flour (as opposed to almond meal), as almond flour is ground finer, has a lighter texture, and works better in this recipe.
I haven’t tried this recipe with other flours, but if you feel like experimenting I image oat flour might work in place of almond.
I can tell you, though, that coconut flour is not a good substitute.
These muffins are packed with pumpkin, warming spices, and tons of fiber and protein from the almond flour.
They make a great quick breakfast or snack, and also freeze well if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers.
Pumpkin muffins are an obvious choice for fall, but these will really work anytime of year.
I hope you’ll make these soon.
If you do, be sure to share it on Instagram and tag me at @realfoodwholelife so I can see.
Now, let’s make some One-Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
recipe & kid-friendly adaptations
1 | Invite your child to help with the preparation. He or she can stir the batter and top each muffin with chocolate chips.
2 | Swap raisins for chocolate chips and you’ll have a muffins that’s completely refined sugar free.
this recipe is…
One-Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Grain-Free, Dairy-Free)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips*
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and gently stir until combined.
- Spoon 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the batter into a greased muffin pan. Top with 3-4 chocolate chips, then continue filling the pan with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
This post contains affiliate links.