All the flavor of an egg-roll, but without the fuss.
Tossed together with a tangle of veggie noodles, Egg Roll Veggie Noodle Bowls are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, Paleo, Whole30 and so delicious!
Did you guys know that egg roll bowls where a thing?
I didn’t, but then I saw recipes popping up all over the Internet, and I figured it was time to jump on the bandwagon.
The concept of an egg roll in a bowl makes so much sense: all the flavor of an egg roll, just without the fuss or unnecessary ingredients.
Throw everything together with a tangle of veggie noodles, upping the vegetable goodness factor a couple of levels.
I love the versatility of this version too, as you can use any ground meat you like: turkey, chicken pork–anything goes.
Mushrooms make an appearance in this egg roll variation too, but if you don’t want to use them feel free to skip ’em.
For a vegetarian option, double the mushrooms and skip the meat altogether. So many options!
Feel free to make your own vegetable noodles, or look for them pre-made in the fridge or freezer section of your local market.
I hope you’ll make this one too. Be sure to share it by tagging @realfoodwholelife on Instagram.
Now, let’s make some Egg Roll Veggie Noodle Bowls!
RECIPE OPTIONS & ADAPTATIONS
1 | This recipe works with a range of meat options. Ground chicken, turkey, or pork will work. Very thinly sliced pork tenderloin or flank steak will also work.
2 | For a vegetarian option, omit the meat and double the mushrooms. Yum!
3 | No mushrooms? No problem, just skip the first step and start with browning the meat.
4 | Any veggie noodle will work in this recipe. Zoodles are a great option, as are spiralized carrots. If you live near a Trader Joes, look for pre-made spiralized carrots in the freezer section.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo, and Whole30 Friendly
Tools to make Egg Roll Veggie Noodle Bowls
Pin the image below to save Egg Roll Veggie Noodle Bowls to Pinterest for later!
Egg Roll Veggie Noodle Bowls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups chopped crimini mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey chicken or pork
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup coconut aminos*
- 4 cups vegetable noodles spiralized carrots, or zucchini
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- Hot sauce to taste
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden, 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, ground meat and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, and add the ginger, cabbage or slaw mix, carrots, and coconut aminos, stirring to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage begins to wilt, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the vegetable noodles, stirring until warmed through and just barely wilted. Add the lime juice, sprinkle with green onion, and serve, adding additional salt and hot sauce, if desired.