Quick Sesame Noodles with Green Veggies
All you have to do is combine a few pantry staples together along with the tahini and you have a bowl-licking worthy sauce. This recipe is super-quick, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 12 oz gluten-free brown rice pasta (buckwheat soba or whole wheat would also
- work well)
- 12- oz broccoli florets
- 10- oz sugar snap peas roughly chopped
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Hot sauce to taste
To a large pot of salted, boiling water add the noodles and cook according to package direction.
While the pasta cooks, combine the tahini and warm water in a small bowl, whisking to combine. Add the garlic, ginger, vinegar, tamari, and maple syrup. Whisk until sauce is well combined.
When the pasta is cooked, remove, leaving boiling water in the pan. Add the broccoli and cook until bright green and tender, about 3-4 minutes, then drain.
Combine the cooked noodles, broccoli, snap peas, and green onions. Top with tahini sauce, sesame seeds, and hot sauce to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This dinner includes many kid-friendly flavors. The garlic and ginger flavors are subtle in the sauce and it's not spicy, but if you have a resistant eater here are some suggestions:
- Serve the noodles tossed with the tahini sauce, raw snap peas, and cooked broccoli separately on the plate.
- Serve the noodles, raw snap peas, and cooked broccoli separately on the plate. Add the sauce on the side for dipping.
- Offer the sesame seeds as "sprinkles," to be added by the child.
- Add or substitute an additional preferred veggie such as carrots or raw bell pepper in place of the snap peas or broccoli.