Celebration Salad with Citrus Dressing
Vibrant and packed with bright, seasonal flavors, Celebration Salad with Citrus Dressing is easy to pull together and makes a welcome addition to any holiday table.
- 9- oz baby kale
- 2 navel oranges sliced into segments save the leftover juice for the dressing
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils seeds
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium ripe avocados sliced
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts coarsely chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Make the dressing by whisking together the orange and lemon juice, salt, honey and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until the dressing is well combined.
In a large bowl toss together the kale, orange slices, pomegranate arils, and green onions with 4-6 tablespoons of dressing. Taste and add additional dressing as needed, saving any extra for another use. Top with avocado slices, hazelnuts, and a pinch more salt if you like. Serve immediately.
Deconstruct this salad for resistant eaters by serving each part separately on a plate. Think a little pile of kale, some orange slices, pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, and a little dressing on the side for dipping.
Substitute baby spinach for baby kale or pecans or walnuts for hazelnuts.
If you can't find ripe avocados, crumbled feta would be a great creamy substitute.