Grapefruit & Ginger Chia Seed Pudding
Whether it's a quick breakfast or nourishing dessert, Grapefruit & Ginger Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect make ahead treat!
For the Chia Seed Pudding
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk from a can
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk I like Super-Fast Cashew Milk
- 6-7 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-3 teaspoons pure maple syrup to taste
For the Grapefruit Topping
- 2 large grapefruits cut into segments
- ¼ cup toasted unsweetened, flaked coconut
Make the chia seed pudding: In a large bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the coconut milk, non-dairy milk, chia seeds, ginger, vanilla, and maple syrup.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to thicken, whisking or shaking occasionally. If the pudding seems thin after 2 hours add additional chia seeds one tablespoon at a time, letting it sit for half an hour each time until the mixture achieves a pudding-like consistency.
Spoon the pudding into individual servings, top with grapefruit slices and toasted coconut, and serve.
Omit the ginger. The pudding will still taste lovely without it.
Substitute sliced oranges for grapefruit.
Add additional maple syrup to make the pudding sweeter.