One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad (Dairy-Free, Mayo-Free)
One-Bowl Harvest Chicken Salad (Dairy-free, Mayo-Free) is a fresh, bright recipe, perfect for lunch or dinner. Simple to make, crunchy, and satisfying, you'll want to make this one again and again.
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot very thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped apple from about 2 medium apples
- 2 cups chopped celery from about 8-10 stalks
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts or thighs from Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken or store-bought rotisserie
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- 4 cups arugula or spinach optional
In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, salt, vinegar, and olive oil until well combined.
Add the shallot, stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Add the apple, celery, cooked chicken, and cashews, stirring until well combined.
Serve over greens if you like.
Use 2 cans of drained tuna in place of the chicken.
Substitute 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion for the scallion.
Pecans or roasted almonds would be a nice substitute for cashews. Or leave them out altogether for a nut-free version.