5-Ingredient Mediterranean Pasta Salad
With just five simple ingredients and 20 minutes, you can whip up this tasty and crowd-pleasing 5-Ingredient Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe. Serve it as a side or bulk it up for a super-fast dinner!
- 8 oz pasta gluten-free or whole wheat, any shape
- 1 12- oz jar artichoke hearts drained
- 1 1.5- oz jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained
- 1 12- oz jar kalamata olive drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar regular is fine, too
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley thinly sliced red onion, chopped cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, baby spinach, baby arugula, cooked crumbled sausage, shredded rotisserie or roasted chicken, one can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, one can of drained tuna, crumbled feta cheese.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the pasta according to package directions, being careful not to overcook. When the pasta is just tender, but not mushy, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives.
Add the warm, drained pasta to the bowl, stirring to combine. Add any optional add-ins at this time as well. Pour over the olive oil and vinegar, and sprinkle with salt. Taste and add additional salt or vinegar to taste.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Use any type or shape of pasta you like and have on hand for this simple pasta salad recipe.
Keep it streamlined by sticking to the base recipe, or bulk it up with any add-in you like. I've provided a list of ideas to get you started, but really the sky is the limit in terms of what you want to add.
Turn this side into a main by adding a can of rinsed, drained chickpeas, chopped hard-boiled egg, shredded rotisserie or roasted chicken, or a can of drained tuna.