Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Fire Roasted Marinara
Make your own pasta sauce at home the easy way with this simple recipe for Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Fire Roasted Marinara. You'll love the homemade flavor, how easy it is to prepare, and that there's none of the processed stuff!
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced or grated
- 2 28- oz cans crushed fire-roasted tomatoes*
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika divided (optional)
- ½-1 teaspoon kosher salt
In a 6-quart slow cooker, stir together the onions, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, and salt.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Add an additional ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, stirring to combine. Taste and add additional salt if you like.
* For a chunkier texture, use 1 28-oz can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes and 1 28-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
While the smoked paprika adds a depth of flavor to this sauce, you may omit it if you don't have it on hand.
Serve the fire-roasted marinara over whole wheat pasta, gluten-free pasta, zoodles, or as a sauce for fish or chicken.
Store leftovers of the sauce in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to five days, or in the freezer for up to three months.