15-Minute Sweet & Sour Lettuce Wraps
Sweet, savory, and totally delicious, 15-Minute Sweet & Sour Lettuce Wraps (paleo, soy-free) is a super fast and tasty weeknight dinner recipe to make tonight!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork chicken or turkey
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrot
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple from a can
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove minced or finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Butter romaine, or iceberg lettuce leaves for serving
- Optional toppings: chopped green onion cilantro, hot sauce to taste
Heat a large pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil and pork/chicken/turkey, stirring to break the meat into chunks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is cooked through and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together the coconut aminos, pineapple, ginger, garlic, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl.
Add the cabbage, carrot, and sauce to the hot pan, stirring to combine. Cook until the veggies are just softened and the sauce has reduced slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
Serve in lettuce cups, adding toppings if desired.
If you don’t have or don’t want to use coconut aminos you can substitute low-sodium gluten-free tamari or soy sauce. You may need to reduce the salt, since tamari and soy sauce have more sodium than coconut aminos.
This recipe is extremely versatile, so feel free to use ground pork, chicken or turkey.
Pull out some of the cooked meat and veggie before adding the sauce if you’re feeding a resistant eater who prefers their food plain.
Serve over white, brown or cauliflower rice instead of lettuce wraps.