Sheet Pan Chicken, Kale & Sweet Potatoes is a super-simple and healthy 5-ingredient sheet pan recipe perfect for any night of the week!
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
4 cups packed chopped lacinato (dinosaur) kale
4 cups (1-inch chopped pieces) sweet potatoes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
¼ teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning
Fresh lemon juice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the kale to the sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt, and toss to combine.
- Roast for 10 minutes, tossing mid-way through, until crisp and lightly browned. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add the sweet potatoes and chicken. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the Italian seasoning, tossing to combine.
- Spread into an even layer and roast for 30 minutes, tossing mid-way through, or until the chicken and sweet potatoes are golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken, sweet potatoes, and kale with additional salt and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
If you’d rather skip the kale, just roast the sweet potatoes and chicken, then serve with some lightly dressed greens of your choice.
Feeding a hungry family? Add some crusty loaf of bread on the side to round out the meal.
Want to bump up the greens? Serve atop some baby spinach dressed in fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.