Crispy chicken, tender green beans, and a gingery sauce make One-Pan Ginger Honey Cashew Chicken and Green Beans a simple, tasty weeknight recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fresh minced or grated ginger
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon honey
2 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup chopped roasted, salted cashews
Hot sauce (optional)
- Lay the chicken pieces on a large plate, sprinkle with arrowroot and ¼ teaspoon salt. Toss everything together until the chicken is well coated.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and honey until well combined
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until it’s browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from the pan and set aside. It’s okay if browned bits remain in the pan.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, along with the green beans, ginger, and ¼ teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth mixture, stirring to get up any chicken bits. Cook on medium low for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced a bit.
- Add chicken back to the pan, along with the cashews, stirring to combine. Taste and add additional salt if necessary. Serve warm over rice on on its own, with hot sauce if you like.
Serve the crispy chicken separately on a plate, plain without any sauce.
Offer the green beans separately as well, or substitute another vegetable of choice.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
If you don’t have green beans, feel free to swap in broccoli, asparagus, or snap peas.