One pan, 8 ingredients, and 15 minutes is all you need to pull together this simple, fresh recipe for One-Pan Chicken Bruschetta Zoodles.
You guys, I know it’s still winter.
And that zucchini, tomatoes and basil are far from being in season for most of us. But it’s at this time of year, when I’m pretty much over cold, short, dark days, that I need this kind of bright, fresh, easy dinner.
Of course, if you’re reading this in the summer months, this one is the perfect super-fast weeknight dinner to make with lovely, ripe summer produce.
And if you’re reading this in real time, this recipe will transport you to warm sunny days and the bright flavors of summer.
One-Pan Chicken Bruschetta Zoodles is as simple as it gets.
The chicken just gets a quick saute in the pan, then a little garlic goes in with some olive oil and vinegar, and finally the zoodles go in to warm through and soften just a bit. It’s light, bright, and very satisfying.
I use this spiralizer to make zoodles, but if you don’t have one the chicken and sauce will work just as well over about 12-oz of gluten-free or whole wheat pasta.
Just be sure not to cook the zoodles too long or they’ll become mushy. Since Andrew is dairy-free we skip the cheese, but feel free to sprinkle with a bit of parmesan if you like. Now let’s make some bruschetta zoodles!
RECIPE & KID-FRIENDLY ADAPTATIONS
1 | The cooked chicken and garlic pan sauce would also work well over pasta. Sometimes I’ll serve mine over zoodles, Elle’s over pasta, and Andrew’s over a combo of the two.
2 | Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan if you like.
3 | Cook additional chicken for people with big appetites.
THIS RECIPE IS . . .
Naturally Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Whole30, and Paleo Friendly
One-Pan Chicken Bruschetta Zoodles
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 small or 4 large zucchinis spiralized
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced or finely grated
- 3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar*
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, and saute until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, heat an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil and the garlic. Saute over medium-low heat for 1 minute until lightly golden, stirring frequently.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, ½ teaspoons salt, and the zoodles, stirring to combine.
- Add the cooked chicken and cook everything together on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until the zoodles are just tender, being careful not to overcook.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with basil and freshly ground pepper.