One-Minute Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs is the simplest, best method to achieve perfect hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, every time.
12 pastured eggs
1 cup water
- Add the water and eggs in a single layer to the steamer basket set in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker.
- Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 1 minute.
- When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
- Add the eggs to a medium bowl filled with ice and cold water. Allow to sit until cooled, about 5 minutes.
- Peel and use immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For a similar result on the stove top, add the eggs to a medium saucepan. Cover, heat to high until just boiled. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat. Allow to sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Proceed with steps 4 and 5.
Don’t skip the ice bath step. Otherwise, your eggs will continue cooking.
If you want a harder cooked yolk, add a minute or 2 to the total cook time until you find the right timing for you.
Farm fresh, pastured eggs yield the brightest yolks.