One-Bowl Triple Apple Cider Spiced Muffins are a super tender, totally healthy, and packed with all the flavors of fall. A gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free recipe.
⅓ cup melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing
2 large eggs
⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup fresh-pressed apple cider
2 ⅓ cups almond or oat flour*
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup finely chopped apple
Cinnamon sugar for topping, optional
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and cider.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the chopped apple, stirring until just combined.
- Fill each section of a 12-section greased or silicone lined muffin tin with roughly ¼ cup batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if using, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, then serve or store for later.
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 2 ⅓ cups whole rolled oats in a blender and blending until a coarse flour forms. You can purchase pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores and natural food markets or online. If you are gluten-free be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten-free.
These muffins are super tender, so be sure to grease or line the muffin tin, and allow to cool completely for easy removal.
Not a fan of chunks? Skip the chopped apple for a smoother consistency.
These muffins freeze well, so make a double batch and freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.