Enjoy the warming, cozy taste of the season with One-Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins! Naturally grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and naturally-sweetened, these muffins are simple to make and taste amazing.
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
⅓ cup chocolate chips*
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and gently stir until combined.
- Spoon 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the batter into a greased muffin pan. Top with 3-4 chocolate chips, then continue filling the pan with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
*Most chocolate chips include dairy. Be sure to use dairy-free if that’s important to you. I like this brand.
Invite your child to help with the preparation. He or she can stir the batter and top each muffin with chocolate chips.
Swap raisins for chocolate chips and you’ll have muffins that are completely refined sugar-free.