Light, fresh, and bursting with flavor, One-Bowl Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are easy to make and completely delicious! Naturally sweetened, gluten-free, and dairy-free, too.
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ⅓ cups oat flour*
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds, stirring until just combined.
- Fill each section of a 12-section muffin tin with roughly ¼ cup batter, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest on a cooling rack.
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 2 ⅓ cups whole rolled oats in a blender and blending until a coarse flour forms. You can purchase pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores and natural food markets or online. If you are gluten-free be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten-free.
Top the muffins with Vanilla Bean Sea Salt Coconut Whipped Cream for a lightly sweet take on cupcakes.
Skip the poppy seeds if you don’t have them on hand.