Simple and delicious, One-Bowl Honey Sesame Energy Bites are easy to make and are perfect as a snack, in lunch boxes, or as an afternoon or after-dinner treat.
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste) at room temperature, well stirred
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups oat flour*
¼ cup sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, tahini, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the salt and oat flour, stirring until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or 1 tablespoon measure, scoop the mixture into your hands and roll gently into a balls. If the dough is too sticky to roll, place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden a bit. Then wet your hands with water in between rolling to keep the dough from sticking.
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a large plate. Roll each ball in the sesame seeds until well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then serve or store.
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 2 cups whole oats in a blender and blending until a coarse flour forms. Alternatively, you can buy pre-made oat flour at well-stocked grocery stores and online (either regular or gluten-free). Be sure to buy gluten-free oats if you want to keep recipe gluten-free.
These energy bites can be made up to a week ahead.
Store, tightly covered in the fridge for 5-7 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.