Super decadent and made only with the good stuff, One-Bowl Double Chocolate Brownies are simple to make and so, so delicious. They also happen to be gluten-free, dairy-free, and naturally sweetened!
⅓ cup melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
⅓ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅔ cup oat flour*
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips**
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and eggs. Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and oat flour, whisking again until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
*Make your own oat flour by placing whole, rolled oats in a blender and blend until a coarse flour forms. Alternatively, you can buy pre-made oat flour at well-stocked grocery stores and online (either regular or gluten-free). Be sure to buy gluten-free oats if you want to keep the recipe gluten-free. Use oats that are labeled gluten-free if that’s important to you.
**Most chocolate chips include dairy. Be sure to use dairy-free if that’s important to you. I like Enjoy Life brand.
Swap walnuts for chocolate chips to make this recipe completely refined sugar free.
I’ve tested this recipe with almond flour in place of oat flour and they came out well, if not a bit gooey. So, if you’re looking for a grain-free, gluten-free option, give that substitution a try. Consider adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time and allow to cool completely before slicing.