Easy to make and delicious to eat, One-Bowl Chocolate Cranberry Breakfast Cookies are a sweet and wholesome way to start the day!
½ cup melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
3 large eggs
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
⅓ cup applesauce
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups oat flour*
2 cups whole rolled oats
⅓ cup ground flax seed
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup naturally sweetened dried cranberries**
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips***
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat flour, rolled oats, flax, salt, and baking powder, stirring until well combined.
- Add the cranberries and chocolate chips, stirring until well incorporated. If the mixture seems wet, allow to sit for a few minutes for the liquid to absorb into the oat flour.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto 2 greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly golden and cooked through.
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 2 cups whole rolled oats in a blender and blending until coarse flour forms. You can purchase pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores and natural food markets or online. If you are gluten-free be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten-free.
**Look for naturally (apple juice) sweetened cranberries in the natural food section of your grocery store. You can also order them online (I like these or these). Of course, feel free to use regular sweetened cranberries if that’s all you can find, the final results will still taste great and will only add a minimal amount of refined sugar.
***Most chocolate chips include dairy. Be sure to use dairy-free if that’s important to you. I like Enjoy Life brand.
Use raisins in place of dried cranberries.
Swap white chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips.