Perfectly tender and slightly sweet, One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread comes together in just one bowl and is naturally gluten- and dairy-free. A delightful treat for breakfast, snack or dessert.
¼ cup melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
2 large eggs
⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cup oat flour*
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup loosely packed grated zucchini (from about 1 small zucchini)
½ cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for topping**
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir gently until just incorporated. Add the zucchini and stir again until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack prior to slicing.
This batter can also be used to make 12 standard sized muffins. Fill each muffin tin section with roughly ¼ cup batter, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 1 ½ cups whole rolled oats in a blender and blending until a coarse flour forms. You can also purchase pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores and natural food markets or online.
If you are gluten-free be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten-free.
**Most chocolate chips include dairy. Be sure to use dairy-free if that’s important to you. I like Enjoy Life brand.
Peel the zucchini if you want it to avoid green flecks in the bread.
Swap raisins for chocolate chips to make this recipe completely refined sugar free.