Easy to make and naturally sweetened, One-Bowl Blueberry Mini-Muffins are the perfect size for a snack or treat!
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cup oat flour*
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour in the blueberries and gently stir until just combined, being careful not to break them up into the batter.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter into a greased mini-muffin pan. Top with three blueberries, then continue filling two muffin pans with the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
This batter can also be used to make regular sized muffins. Fill each muffin cup nearly to the top and then bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean
*Make your own oat flour for this recipe by placing 2 cups whole rolled oats in a blender and blending until a coarse flour forms. You can purchase pre-made oat flour at many grocery stores and natural food markets or online. If you are gluten-free be sure to buy oats that are specifically labeled gluten-free.
**Make sure your oats are labeled gluten-free if that’s important to you.
Invite your child to stir the batter, scoop it into the muffin tins, and add the blueberries on top.
Add a bit more maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter muffin.